The Otherworld Tarot

SarahLikesPink

Hello

It has been a long time since I posted on this forum, going on three years now I think! Soooo, I don't expect to be remembered...as a sort of re-introduction, I joined the site when asked to design a deck for a lady who 'found' me on eBay. She recommended this website as a starting point for information, inspiration, and a place to showcase the cards as they were finished.

I found this forum absolutely fantastic, the support and advice I received from you guys was invaluable! The happy news is, the deck is finally finished and on its way to publication. This is owed in large part to this site, as our publisher found us on this very forum! So yep, later this year, please look out for 'The Otherworld Tarot' from Schiffer. :)

I put together an album of what I feel are the highlights of the deck, the cards I am most pleased with, or that mean the most to me. I would love it if I could get some comments on this album...here's hoping this link works!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61833&id=512868770&l=c123d1afbe

Thankyou in advance, and a belated thankyou to all the advice that helped me along the way!

Sidhe-Ra

Link no worky :(

Please find me on facebook - Emily Carding- and send me the link on there, I'd love to see!

Welcome to the happy and wondrous world of Schiffer publishing :)

Em xx

Sidhe-Ra

Yes, lovely! I remember seeing some of these before, I think - very bold and striking! I like lots :)

Why the 'Otherworld' tarot for a title? (I'm worried about our titles clashing, because I was hoping to subtitle Tarot of the Sidhe- also due out from Schiffer- "Journey to the Celtic Otherworld" or similar...but I can always rethink that.)

Thanks for sharing and well done!

Em x

SarahLikesPink

Thankyou :) I remember liking your deck a lot also!

The title was one of many that was suggested by my commissioner (is that a word??), and the one I liked most. Please don't rethink yours, I think they are different enough?

When is your deck due? Would love to get a copy!

Sidhe-Ra

Okay! :)

Tarot of the Sidhe is last on the list of current contracts with Schiffer, even though it was the first completed! My transparent Tarot is already out, then I have the Transparent Oracle coming out next Summer, and Tarot of the Sidhe should be out next winter...

I'm looking forward to yours, I've enjoyed looking through the images. Are you writing an accompanying book? Some of your choices are unconventional, so it would be interesting to read about them.

Em x

SarahLikesPink

The lady who commissioned the deck has written the accompanying book, we worked quite closely together.

It must be amazing to have so many of your creations 'out there', I couldn't stop jumping around when it was confirmed that mine was going to get published! Do you have a favourite deck of yours?

SarahLikesPink

Bump for more eyes and comments :)

rwcarter

Consider me a Luddite, but I'm not joining Facebook. I think you'll get more response to your artwork if you put the images up on some site that doesn't require one to join or login in order to see the images.

SarahLikesPink

You don't have to join Facebook to browse the album :) it is a public link that allows anyone to have a look.