Beginning the Tarot Deck Creation Journey - Creative Fire Tarot

Lee

Hi CreativeFire, I don't really have any constructive feedback, I just want to say I like your cards a lot. The use of flowers is very well-done and you have a unique design sense which really comes through. Keep up the good work!

-- Lee

M-Press

Hi Creative Fire!

I REALLY, REALLY like the name Creative Fire tarot btw!
It's very... creative, very you, and I don't feel it does injustice to teh other elements!!! ;)

I'm also not for photo-tarots, but I also agree this one is a bit different. The black is interesting.... It would be also interesting to see a couple of cards not black though...

My only advice at the moment, since I saw how "organized" you became about counting how many are left (!!!), is to allow yourself the posibility to revise them later, when you'll have more, in order to adjust those that look as if from "another family".... Th artist grows while doing this work, and you'll see how you start changing...and your art will evolve accordingly...

Good Luck!!!!
:)

CreativeFire

Thankyou Lee and M-Press :)

M-Press - the name is starting to grow on me as well, as I had been tossing around something like 'The Garden' tarot because of the flowers and statues but I think I will just keep thinking on that one for a while longer.

Interesting you mention about using some colours other than black for the background, as I have been starting to think about some of the Minor cards and contemplating using a different colour background for each suit. Maybe Red - Wands, Yellow - Swords, Blue - Cups, and Green - Pentacles - but need to do a bit of experimentation with that to see how it looks first as I don't want it to look too different. I personally really like the look of the black ;) but just something to separate the look of the Majors from the Minors a tad would be good I feel.

I am definitely open to going back and revising some of the cards (have actually been doing a bit of that the last week), as I am sort of stuck to move forward on the last of the Majors so have been tweaking and changing a few that I have already done. It is really just a motivational thing for me to count down - like seeing the goal in the long run ;)

You are so right about changing while you are working - especially as I have only fairly basic / intermediate skills in the program I have been using. However I am learning how to do things better and easier and can even see my skills gradually improving as I progress which then makes me want to go back and redo some of the cards already completed. :)

I really do appreciate everyones encouragement and comments so far, as sometimes I wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew, in attempting to do a whole deck - but there is no rush and each card will happen when they are ready - some in a flurry, some a bit longer and some maybe five times over! LOL

CreativeFire

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
Speaking of my lighthouse Tower - it now has some new 'real' water :D
Awesome! That looks really, really good!

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
Interesting you mention about using some colours other than black for the background, as I have been starting to think about some of the Minor cards and contemplating using a different colour background for each suit. Maybe Red - Wands, Yellow - Swords, Blue - Cups, and Green - Pentacles - but need to do a bit of experimentation with that to see how it looks first as I don't want it to look too different. I personally really like the look of the black ;) but just something to separate the look of the Majors from the Minors a tad would be good I feel.
I think that using colour as a background might make it really tricky to match the images of flowers & other things so that they don't clash.

Maybe a very narrow border around each card, sort of like what M-Press did with the Sakki-Sakki, but a colour for each of the suits. That could work. Then you don't have to make sure everything 'matches', you know?

You have a while to think about these sort of things, anyway. :)

tmgrl2

I am so glad to hear this , CF. You have wonderful artistic talent. Your photos are lovely!

Wishing you great success. It's a real trip to embark on something like this. Good going!

Terri

rabble

I've been thinking of a name for my deck too, after all the comments disliking wiccked stepmother, which was never intended to be a name, just a working title!

I hope you don't go with garden, coz I'm thinking garden path! :)

CreativeFire

ferrous said:
I think that using colour as a background might make it really tricky to match the images of flowers & other things so that they don't clash.

I had thought of that too, ferrous, and it would make it a bit more difficult. After having a 'play', I have been leaning towards maybe changing the 'white' at the bottom of the card to a colour or even the little black line to a different colour for each suit to go with the symbol of the same colour that depicts the suit . . . or something. :)

CreativeFire

CreativeFire

tmgrl2 said:
I am so glad to hear this , CF. You have wonderful artistic talent. Your photos are lovely!

Wishing you great success. It's a real trip to embark on something like this. Good going!

Terri

Thankyou very much Terri :) Now that you have dusted off your camera again, you may get inspired to give this a try yourself ;) As you say, it is a real 'trip'! :D

CreativeFire

CreativeFire

rabble said:
I've been thinking of a name for my deck too, after all the comments disliking wiccked stepmother, which was never intended to be a name, just a working title!

I hope you don't go with garden, coz I'm thinking garden path! :)

LOL - okay how about 'Creative Nursery' :D or even 'Backyard Tarot' - 'Creative Fire Tarot' it will just have to be for now ;)

CF