Beginning the Tarot Deck Creation Journey - Creative Fire Tarot

rabble

LOL... Garden Tarot and Garden Path are different anyway, and who says we both can't have a garden?

Judging by our photos I'd say we both already do! :)

CreativeFire

I don't think I can call mine the Garden Tarot anymore after this card - as it would be a bit of stretch to find elephants in my backyard. ;)

After much thought and tossing out ideas(quite a few versions later I might add LOL), I have finally figured out how to do my Hierophant card - which I changed to Hierophants by the way. It has just been posted up on the site -

Creative Fire Tarot

I can't help thinking this is a very non-traditional way to do a tradition orientated card but I am finally 'comfortable' with this card - so comments are always welcome.

CreativeFire

baba-prague

These are coming along really well - I have to say that I like the page where you can see them all together, they work well as a set. Like everyone else, I also like the use of flowers very much.

Keep going - looking forward to seeing more.

ferrous

I like it. Love how you've used the elephants. Elephants are cool.

Such a deep comment from ferrous: "Elephants are cool." rotfl!! :D

ferrous

Oh, while I'm here, I have to make a comment about the site itself .. the layout.

The bottom frame, with the "created & maintained by" etc .. hmmm, how can I say this? It's in the way. :D I actually do have a resolution such as you've suggested, but I have my task bar raised higher than usual, so when I look at your cards, to see the whole card, I have to scroll.

People with a lesser resolution would have no chance of seeing the whole card all at once.

I can understand why you have that frame down there, it has some important information in it, but the info there could be put elsewhere. Some of it could be put in the top title frame, or maybe at the bottom of the navigation frame. Maybe you could even have a totally separate page for it, linked from the main navigation frame. The only thing in it that changes regularly which people might want to see would be the 'last updated' info. That could easily go in the top frame.

Anyway, just some feedback for you. It's your site & you can do with it whatever you like, of course, but feedback is always a good thing, yes? :)

CreativeFire

baba-prague, thanks for your comments :) I have found by having the page where I can see them all together has helped me for fine tuning some cards so that they look like they belong together as much as possible.

ferrous said:
Anyway, just some feedback for you. It's your site & you can do with it whatever you like, of course, but feedback is always a good thing, yes? :)
True, ferrous, and yours is always constructive so happy to hear it. :) I have had a similar annoyance myself with the other computer I use, where the browser is set up different and have to scroll down to see the card - so I know exactly what you mean.

You are right that the info on this could go in other places, so I have done just that. However I have still left the frame there, with just a black line (as small as I could make it). I know it is a waste of web 'real estate' but I tried it without and I really like it better there, and I sort of have this thought that it goes with the design of the cards themselves :)

So please let me know if this works any better. No doubt like the cards, I will end up changing the web site half a dozen times as well as I progress. LOL

CreativeFire

ferrous

CreativeFire said:
So please let me know if this works any better. No doubt like the cards, I will end up changing the web site half a dozen times as well as I progress. LOL
Ahh, wonderful! Now the beauty of each card can hit me full in the face.

It really makes such a difference. Hmm .. I guess it would be like only being able to see a small square of a painting at a time. It affects your appreciation of it.

Good one, CreativeFire. :)

ferrous

Just as I was saying to rabble the other day about her own deck, each new card you make is better than the last. It's not like I looked at the first card, though, & thought, "Yeah, it's good, but it could be better." The first card was excellent & I didn't even think there was room for improvement.

You know, too, that the two of you have now taken out of my vocabulary the words, "Photographic decks (especially photgraphic collage) just don't appeal to me." I can't say that anymore, because I've now found two photographic decks which are absolutely wonderful! :)

rabble

I like it with the lowered frame too, even though I didn't have the same problem ferrous did :)

The 78th Fool

Keep going! these are really unique images. I can't wait to see the finished deck.

Chris. xx