Finally going public...

Strange2

The Tower card (and the Wheel and the Lovers and...) is very effective! I love the immediate energy that these cards radiate.

Are you planning on creating Minor Arcana cards as well? Curious on your approach to those...

Keep up the Great Work!

Simone

Strange2 said:
The Tower card (and the Wheel and the Lovers and...) is very effective! I love the immediate energy that these cards radiate.

Are you planning on creating Minor Arcana cards as well? Curious on your approach to those...

Keep up the Great Work!

Thanks, Strange2!

Actually, yes, I am planning the minor arcana too! (If I keep up the rate of around a card a week (and my present work schedule does not allow for much more), I'll be finished in about a year and a half ;) )

As to my approach to those, they will be more or less in the same style but will have no figures in it (except for the court cards of course). As you are a subscriber, you can visit one example that's already done on the AT Community Project III (10 of Cups) (subscribers only, sorry, folks)

Thanks again for all your supporting feedback!
(planning on the Star and/or Temperance next ;) )

Love
Simone

Majecot

Wow Simone... Your really cruising right along with these.
I don't know how you find the time. I am having a hard time finding even a small moment to work on my one card for ATC Project III.

They are looking great!

Simone

Picking this thread up again, I wanted to apologise it has taken me so long to post new cards, and I still don't have any new ones finished... after a few trials on the Star, I have now a more or less finished idea, the only thing that lacks is the execution...

And I am still puzzling over the Hanged Man who really is eluding me (some of my friends here have lived through my antics about him with me :D thanks for your patience with me, folks).

I might just go ahead an do a completely different card in the meantime to get fresh thoughts and look at him anew after that (maybe that's exactly what he's telling me here ;) ).

So, look out, you might hear from me soon...

Love
Simone

Fulgour

Simone : Ten of Cups : AT Community Project III
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/project/3/10_cups.shtml

Hello Simone,

I was able to view your 10 of Cups so the link seems to be
available to both subscribers and members now as well :)
This has been my first visit to this thread, and it has been
a pleasure to see your beautiful and imaginative creations.

Sincerely,
Fulgour

Simone

Thank you Fulgour, it is good to know that the link is now available to everyone!

And - the pleasure is all mine in creating them ;)

Simone

firemaiden

Wow! Simone, a powerful concept.Very interesting and different, this is exciting. :) I liked the first Wheel of Fortune the best.

Salamander

this is a very nice concept Simone and pretty art work,
It has been a long time since I have seen someone strike the meaning of the cards in such a simple way...without making it look foolish and loosing quality of the artwork. I felt the tower especially(sharp and lightning) and the ten of cups(boy, is that card screaming of glory!), the sun doesn't feel satisfying(it feels a little trapped), the wheel of fortune is nice, like I am beeing hypnotised by the constant spinning of the wheel(I would choose a sharp point in the middle), the fool has some cosmic power/energy in it, and I always felt that that is what the fool card is about...the lover strikes the meaning of the card very gently...Gold and black go well together. Do ask for feedback to trustworthy friends in your envirement!
These cards make difficult questions about the tarot easier..you got me "shivering" and that usually means BUY.

Why don't you trademark this?

brilliant !
My compliments,

hiss,
Salamander

M-Press

Hi Simone!
I' just "discovered" this thread! Wonderful-wonderful work!!
The beauty of minimalism! Just simple yet so powerful! Bravo!

A technical thought:
I think one thing you could do, is keep doing your originals the way you do them, but not to use their scans for reproductions. If you only have 3 colors, that means that you need three color printing. and since all your shapes are vector )clean lines, flat colors, no gradients), you can just streamline the shapes, and give them in the copmuter any color you want.
Do I make sense? Then your files also will be lighter, only I don't know what software you use, and all that...
Still thoug, you can do smaller editions with three colors, and you could have very interesting results... It's definitely worth experimenting and investigating teh issue with printers, even small local ones. Just show it to them, and ask them what they suggest...
Good luck!
:)

Simone

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback!

Salamander, nice to hear you "shiver" :D and thanks for your constructive feedback! Do you have an idea how I could make the Sun look less "trapped"?

M-Press said:
A technical thought:
I think one thing you could do, is keep doing your originals the way you do them, but not to use their scans for reproductions. If you only have 3 colors, that means that you need three color printing. and since all your shapes are vector )clean lines, flat colors, no gradients), you can just streamline the shapes, and give them in the copmuter any color you want.
Do I make sense? Then your files also will be lighter, only I don't know what software you use, and all that...

M-Press, thanks for your lovely feedback and the suggestions.

I don't know if I have the right software, do you have any suggestions? I think it would be good to be able to digitalise my cards in that way... Seems like a better idea than scans or pictures!

What kind of software could I use? (I have a version of Correl Draw on CD mouldering somewhere, i had not even installed it, do you think that one could be useful?)

Thanks again!

Love
Simone