Pony Tarot

stella01904

MM ~ Just found this pony thread. They're wonderful! Deceptively simple on the surface, with all the depth of Tarot. Keep up the good work! Maybe we should ALL quit our life-sucking jobs and make something interesting! I know I'd love to! Oh, what would those poor corporations do without us, they might have to start paying a living wage or something to lure us back...! Thanks for posting these, I can't wait to see the rest! BB, Stella

Emeraldgirl

stella01904 said:
MM ~ Maybe we should ALL quit our life-sucking jobs and make something interesting! I know I'd love to! Oh, what would those poor corporations do without us, they might have to start paying a living wage or something to lure us back...!

Where do I sign up????????????? I told one of my firends about this deck in progress and she's all excited to. Expecting to see it in print in time for Xmas :)

Nethilia

Got another card done, after doing three readings with three different decks and getting The Moon every time, mostly in the position of "what should I meditate or focus on?". I don't argue with my cards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/pony tarot/pony_moon.jpg

I'm proud of how well I'm doing and how fast they started going after I had to resign from work. If I can get a full major arcana deck done by July or so, I can start selling those while I work on the minors.

Aura Wolf

Nethilia, I just wanted to say I love your cards! They are beautifully done and have such a wonderful raw innocence about them. I do hope you finish; not only will this be a great collector's deck but also an excellent children's tarot! Every girl, young or old, loves My Little Ponies at heart :)

Gryphflame

I just wanted to mention that I was reading through this thread while waiting for my membership to go through, and I really enjoyed looking at these cards. They feel so whimsical because of the subject matter, but they look like they'd be really fun and easy to learn to read with too, and you've really captured the mood of the cards you've drawn, in my eyes. My favorite so far is the magician, it's so different from what I expected but it really fits.

I'll be watching for more, and I can't wait to see them :)

Nethilia

The messages here are really encouraging me.

Gryphflame: I'm not sure what my favorite is yet. Probably because they're not all done. When I did the Mage I was originally thinking "the four suits" but I eliminated those completly; for the four suits I'm using four different races and only nominally using the actual symbols.

Since my fiance spent all day on the comp today, I did some more cards. I redid The Sun (I didn't like the positioning), colored it, and redrew Strength. Strength is still in inking and I should post it soon; The Sun has been finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/pony tarot/pony_sun.jpg

temperlyne

I really like the confident stride of this pony! Great pose for this card.
I'm starting to feel sorry I sold all my old pony's...

Elven

Hi Nethilia, Your flying through them now! and they look so great, I am really looking forward to this deck! The Magician is beautiful, and the Moon! - they all are! Thanks for sharing these, as always I look forward to seeing the rest.

Blessings

Elven x

Nethilia

Here's another one, Strength. I really like the color play in this card, with the blue pony and the yellow lion. It took me a while to get the lion right because I'm not very good drawing lions. I actually put on my copy of the Lion King 2 and used it for some models.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/pony tarot/pony_strength.jpg

The odd part about this deck is that, while I've had the High Priestess sketched for a while, she seems to not want to be completed yet. So I've been doing all sorts of other cards around her.

Emeraldgirl

Nethilia it brightens up my day seeing another card in this deck. Keep the gems coming :D