The Temperlyne Tarot online

Sidhe-Ra

Sometimes the archetypes just take over- or something does. I would definitely trust to your process, you've done wonderfully so far! There is a certain dynamic to this painting which already demonstrates the hero side of the fool, and as always, it already has wonderful energy. Looking forward to the next stage!

Blessings,

Em

mythos

Exactly ... the archetypes do just take over. Not one of my paintings has ended up anything like what I began with. I think that is why they take me so ling to create. I think that Em really nailed it when shie said that you have entered into the Hero aspect of the Fool.

And, this reflects one of the things that I love so much about painting tarot. Somewhere along the line ... in spite of (or maybe because of) reading my way through nearly every volume of Jung's complete works, I have dropped the idea of the Fool's Journey from my deck... that he/she is the hero of the tale told by the Majors. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this approach, but it doesn't work for my deck. Consequently, that alters the way I 'see' the Fool. Mine will be (at least in the 'in-my-head' stage) a pure fool - loco - the naive clumsy clown.

Your enables me to see the heroic in us. And that is a very positive thing ... because I tend to see the other side. We need both. In my mind's eye, I see wings on your Fool, an Icarus figure - who could indeed be seen as the Fool.

I await your transitions with awe.

mythos:)

temperlyne

I've sort of come to expect that my paintings take over once I've set the course. But this fool seems to have taken over in an even earlier stage. Normally I would know what was going to be in the painting, with this one I have no clue. I add just a few drops of paint each session because I do not want to force the image in one perticular direction.
The fool to me I guess is the hero because he represents us all when we come into conscious being. He is pure and untouched by the world untill he follows his curiousity and ends up finding himself being human. The journey of the arcana shows his tranfromation through different stages of being human and eventually teaches him to transcend that form and return to the cosmic state he came from. I suppose I see Aeon as a transformation in the opposite direction of the fool. With Aeon we need to learn to rise above our humanity, with the fool we become human.

edited to say:
wow... writing this made me realise where my painting is headed, I understand the composition now! I'm not sure of how much complexity I am capable but I hope to approach the vision I just had of the fool.
Where would I be without AT! It even gives me visions of my paintings!

mythos

Excellent. I have a blog on which I write my thoughts on my cards ... or whatever else that comes to mind. It is often when I begin to write, really having no idea where I am going, and what I want to say, that I have those realisations and insights that you just had. Of course talking about it with someone can have the same effect, but few of us are surrounded by people who know what we are talking about.

That last sentence sounds really funny, read from a different perspective, or context than the one of tarot card creation.

But yep, AT's is great for helping us work through our ideas and find form in them.

aibhlin

temperlyne said:
wow... writing this made me realise where my painting is headed, I understand the composition now! I'm not sure of how much complexity I am capable but I hope to approach the vision I just had of the fool.

This is often the case for me, when I have trouble figuring something out I'll write about it... It's a common phenonema, writing about something makes you focus and your thoughts on that particular issue because you have to figure out how to frase your ideas and make them come across to people who aren't you (even if you're just scribbling stuff in your journal or whatever).

On another note, I like what the fool looks like so far and I'm excited to see where you end up!

Keigh

temperlyne said:
I'm looking forward to seeing your vision take shape! All of your cards are impressive and I'm sure your Fool will not prove to be the exception. Already there is an air of purity and innocense in the painting.

Just because you can't see his feet at the edge of a cliff doesn't mean he won't make a glorious Fool! I'd say to trust your instinct, which takes over at times from conscious mind as you paint, and see where it takes you. It has certainly been successful so far!

Thank you so much for sharing this process with us - I feel honored.

Keigh

temperlyne

I really really really apreciate the support and confidence!

I was painting a bit on the fool when I felt the urge to do something different. There is something inside me that needs to come out before I can finish the innocent image of the fool, and that is the devil. I felt like purging myself when I finished the sketch and first layers of paint within 30 minutes. I shall be reliefed when it is gone from my system.
This devil is probably going to shock some but hopefully intruige most.
I will be able to post the first image tomorrow...

aibhlin

I was thinking to myself earler today that It'll be very exciting to see what your devil will look like... strange.

Sidhe-Ra

Oo hoo hoo! I'll be looking forward to that!

mythos

temperlyne said:
I really really really apreciate the support and confidence!

I was painting a bit on the fool when I felt the urge to do something different. There is something inside me that needs to come out before I can finish the innocent image of the fool, and that is the devil. I felt like purging myself when I finished the sketch and first layers of paint within 30 minutes. I shall be reliefed when it is gone from my system.
This devil is probably going to shock some but hopefully intruige most.
I will be able to post the first image tomorrow...

How synchronous! In my case, it has been the Justice card that needed to come out before the Fool, which I had started! Obviously the fool requires us to dig deep into cards with which we have 'issues'.

My Devil was actually the easiest to paint ... but I did end up toning it down in the name of political correctness? ... not wanting to hurt people's feelings? Something? But also because the imagery that I altered was very time specific (Nazi Germany), and I was wanting to capture essences rather than specifics. At least that's my rationalisation! But at least I know that it is a rationalisation.

I am aching to see your Devil. I can't wait to be intrigued and possibly shocked. Mind you, I don't shock easily LOL.