The Temperlyne Tarot online

mythos

Oh wow ... guess who has done it again! It is hard to imagine that you are learning to paint. Your work seems to be so complete. Mind you ... I do know what you mean ... because the same thing is happening with me. I have this horrible feeling that when I get the Majors done, I will want to go back and re-do them all :), based on everthing that I have learned in the process - not just about painting, but about tarot.

I already have my second set of majors in mind too. I wonder whether the same thing is happening with you?

mythos:)

Sidhe-Ra

Holy WOW!

Must come back and write more later- in rush- WOW!

x

Mimers

Temperlyne, your deck is awesome! I love this deck and what character you have given it! Keep up the good work! WOW!

Mimi

Wings

Mahalo's

I really appreceate you sharing your process and your struggles the courge and energy shows in the work...exposing work in progress is refreshing,and so encouraging to others on this path and the feeling that each card finished makes one want to go back and redo from the new levels of understanding
is certainly something I am dealing with...(Mahalo means Thanks in Hawaiian)

temperlyne

Thank you all! I am so glad you like my hierophant.
I still haven't had the time to update my website. STicking to the theme of the Hierophant I have lots of wedding planning to do (Not mine!)

mythos said:
It is hard to imagine that you are learning to paint. ...

I have this horrible feeling that when I get the Majors done, I will want to go back and re-do them all :), based on everthing that I have learned in the process - not just about painting, but about tarot.

I already have my second set of majors in mind too. I wonder whether the same thing is happening with you?

mythos:)

These tarot cards are among the first paintings I made so I am really learning to paint while I proceed on this journey! When I finish the majors I will have learned so much about using this medium that the style of my paintings will be heavilly affected. Thats part of why I will probably start the whole creational journey over again, maybe even using a different medium.
This deck is a learning process, so maybe the next will be more about the whole tarot deck and less about my personal encounters with the archetypes. I am still very content about the concepts behind my cards so I might use those again to spark my creativity on a more mature level one day.

temperlyne

I just wanted to say that I have finally updated my website. The Hierophant now has a page to himself:

www.tarotjournal.com/V.html

Its funny that when I finally finished my Hierophant, my reformed christian friend got married and I got to see one face of the hierophant up close for a day. I was the only non believer in the party and felt like visting the past...a time before carpe diem, when people still felt they lived insignificant lifes to serve their god and eventually die. The hierophant's moral frame is very strong in that society, and eventhough it constricts them, it also binds them together into a very close community.

aibhlin

I love your versions of the chariot and of the star, especially the star is probably my favorite version of that card ever... It's beautiful, it has depth and it manages to be fun all at the same time! Great work!

temperlyne

Thank you aibhlin! You have no idea what it means that you liked my Star card best. It is one of the cards I am least sure about, both artistically and conceptual.

I am going over the list of cards I still need to paint and realise that the hardest and most complex cards are still in front of me. For most of the final 9 cards I have images in my mind, but none of those please me at the moment. It will be a surprise to me which card is going to be next, I just continue to browse all nine untill one appeals most to me.

I still need to do: The fool, Justice, Wheel of fortune, Temperance, Devil, Tower, Moon, Sun and Jusdgement/aion.

Or maybe I should let you decide which card you would like to see next? I welcome any suggestions!

Sidhe-Ra

Anything you produce is bound to be a joy! Such a feast of creative treats it is to witness your whole process- I can't wait for the next one. If you want my vote, the card that pops into my head is Judgement- I'm very interested to see your interpretation of this card, considering your non-religous viewpoint.

Speaking of which, the Heirophant is an absolute triumph. You've captured so much feeling and meaning, with the welcoming arms, the rigid structure, and the balance between caring wisdom and constriction. Not to mention such wonderful colours!

Such exciting work!

Blessings,

Em

temperlyne

Thanks again Em!

I am sorry to say that my next card will not be judgement. I started on it yesterday after your suggestion and I know it will turn out great one day but somehow the timing isn't right. After waking from a very vivid dream for the tenth time in a row this morning I almost kicked myself in the butt; DUH the Moon is next offcourse!
I hope to show you the scetch I made somewhere this week.