Tarot of the Sidhe Minor Arcana

truelighth

Wow, your art is absolutely stunning!!! I love the minors from what I see. Very insightfull. And different then a lot of other decks. If you continue the way you have been, this deck is gonna be awesome! Keep up the good work.

mythos

Hi Em,

Your thoughts on it have moved far, far deeper than I had considered. You really do dive deep into the card. And of course, unless you are doing a one-card reading, everything is modified, explained, influenced by the cards which surround it. I hadn't taken that into consideration either. I love it that this card has the effect of leading into deeper thoughts about it, and it's place in a reading. To me that speaks volumes about message being communicated. It has that capacity to engender thought, and conjour ideas.

And, as I said before ... I love it.

OMG I just saw your 8. I have been there. Looking at it makes my heart beat fast, and reminds me images from bombardment from the unconscious which makes you feel utterly naked - vulnerable - trapped in the web of your own projections. Trapped.

So much power ... I am both dying to see your 9, and terrified at the same time ...:) - the power that is building throughout the dreamers is so strong and exposing ... if you can use that word that way. You are amazing Em:thumbsup:

mythos:)

temperlyne

I'm not sure what to say about the 7 and 8 of dreamers, I do not posess the eloquence of Mythos! I love how your minors evoke stories, they are a world all on their own. Is there a story-line for the suits? I'm sure I can come up with one looking at the cards, I'm just curious if you follow a plot with these cards.
It's clear to see you know what you want the images to say and your personal vision of the cards make them rise above most decks that are just repetitive clones.
I wonder if you are guided by the sidhe as much as with the majors, or if these minors show more of Em...

Sidhe-Ra

Wow, thank you Mythos and Temperlyne, your insights mean so much to me!

Yes, the Majors were very much of the Sidhe- the glyph was included in each image, and they guided me as to the order I painted them in, as well as what I painted. The minors is my own journey, in a way, but certainly with the insights and wisdom of the Sidhe to guide me. I have taken more control over the process, and am enjoying the freedom to express my own inner language! However, I'm very Faerie anyway, so I hope the deck remains consistent- it still feels like a collaboration! Many of these images,(particularly the eight), are inspired by images received in shamanic journeys and meditation from the Sidhe about my own spritual journey. I suppose it is not inappropiate that the Majors reflect the higher self, and the minors the mundane and subconscious?

Interesting...:)

temperlyne

o how cool! I love these gloomy black and white images, they look like the concept art of a fantasy game or something.
Great way of portraying that we create our own negative images and fears, that we can talk ourselves down.
I'll be waiting impatiently for the finished card!

September Pixie

*gasp* That is absolutely breathtaking Sidhe-Ra!!!!! lol no punn intended! I can't wait to see the fully finished deck!!

harleyquinn

amazing Em

Em these cards are so amazing i can't wait to have the entire deck it will be so neat to read with and to see finished u really have a great eye for beauty and color. i'm awaiting the next cards its so exciting.
*~~HARLEYQUINN~~*

Sidhe-Ra

Dreamer Nine- Nightmare

Aw, thank you Temperlyne, September Pixie and Harleyquinn! You are all very kind!

Here is the finished version of Dreamer nine- Nightmare...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/SidheTarot/Dreamer9small.jpg

It certainly gave me nightmares last night! I'm looking forward to moving on to the next suit...but first I must tackle Dreamer Ten! (I'm leaving all the court cards till last)

Blessings,

Em