That doohickey that cuts the rounded corners...??

blackroseivy

Ah! :D

Just a little thing to add here: the reason for rounding the corners is to lessen wear & tear on them, literally. A square corner is going to be bent & wrinkled & softened VERY quickly with any use at all.

Just my 2c's-worth!! :D

Lillie

I expect you are right there.
I have one deck, the Veiville, and it has square corners.
I always thought how nice and 'old fashioned' it looked. Like a proper ancient deck.
Though I admit I havn't shuffled it loads to see how those corners stand up to wear.

Must be a fiddly job, doing them all individually.

78x4=????

I can't work that out in my head, but it's a lot!

Sheri

My Dorothy Krause Millenium Tarot has squared corners and, while it isn't a problem for me, occasionally the corners poke the skin between my index finger and thumb.

valeria :)

blackroseivy

Yes, I have the Vieville too - I am always aware of that when shuffling them, not that I use them very often; but you have to consider what perhaps a century, or even more, of handling might do to the corners. I'm just thinkin' for the long haul!! ;)

Lillie

I got out my trusty calculator.

312 corners on every 78 card deck.

That is an awful lot!

If my imaginary deck ever does make it into the real world, it's getting square corners, and damn posterity!

Good luck with all that corner rounding.

blackroseivy

That's perfectly ok with me - I like to do stuff with my hands! :D

Adam McLean

You can buy a corner cutter machine that cuts about 10
to 15 card corners at once. It is quite expensive, but
well worth it if you intend to produce a number of decks.

DraagonStorm

Adam

I agree, well worth it! And I got mine on eBay! Great price!

BB
DraagonStorm

blackroseivy

Well, I got a little one for about $20 - all I could afford, I'm afraid! That's ok, I'll just go through the dex 1 by 1, I have all the time in the world...! :D

karen0205

If you are having problems with your corner rounder punch, just punch through wax paper a bunch of times. It will lubricate the punch and make it easier to use!

I sell scrapbook stuff and this has worked well for me.!