I want to make a deck

kuwaizair

i don't know why. I just figured, "theres Egyptian, Kitties, Mermaid, faries, blabla bla themed why not dinosaurs?"

its a workable novlity?

Just checking. Are you serious? Or are you doing 14 year old's sarcasm?
almost. I'll win more hearts and cash that way, more will buy them if they looked like "Balto" (from the animated film) than if I did dinos.

I'm not John Sibbic or whatever his name is. I figure if I draw dinosaurs they should be hyper realisitic.

Dean

kuwaizair
I say carry on creating your Dinosaur deck, i dont think there has been a Dino Tarot deck thats been available yet, so your idea should be quite original. Can you show us any Dino pictures that you can put up here, i would like to see your artist skills maybe we can give you some Tarot tips to help with your deck development.

Dean

kuwaizair

ok. I don't have the orginal one that I linked here (didn't save the .RIFF file) but I figure a small dinosuar on the nose of a large preditory one would make a good strengh one. its not like I'm drawing a Triceratops charging throgh trees knocking them down.

no, little bittsy dinosaur calming a giant one thats as good as a woman lion-wispering right? I'm not a subscriber so I cannot attack stuff.

for no reason whatso ever I'm tempted to use a Gallmimus type dino for the lovers, posslby because I can make them intertwined, hugging with necks so to speek. I could always color them as swans.

I just need to study the meanings and look back to what species mean to me, or their history (a dinosaur who was misunderstood and interpeterd 7 times wouldn't make a good one for truth and understanding right?)

Dean

kuwaizair said:
I just need to study the meanings and look back to what species mean to me, or their history (a dinosaur who was misunderstood and interpeterd 7 times wouldn't make a good one for truth and understanding right?)

Thats true and i'm glad that you have decided to do some study, i know this will help you alot with your deck development, and get the most out of understanding each card meaning. My favourite Dino's are the Raptors i think they were a more better preditor then the T-Rex.:)

kuwaizair

my mind is a scarry place

yeh, don't worry and when I get into tighter spots thats when I go for more 'non photograph style' images.

species I have my eye on are.
(sorry but I cannot spell them or the other half of the names)

eoraptor (if not herrerasaurs for fool)

oviraptor-

deniycus-hierophant (being pack animals I'm sure they hand some kind of structure. if this where a dolphin deck I'd make the Hierophant an Orca)

Troodon(wanted for moon but some say it ate plants @_@)

Barionyx-temperance (maybe one up to his knees in fish but looking skyward ignroing in indulging in the fishy feast)

Microraptor-hanged man

Marasaura-empress (everyone knows the story of the good mother reptile)

tistinasaur-emperor was the first choice, being a chinese found dinosaur and looking like a unicorn. plus I was drawing one to be sent to Prehistoric times (never finished) and called the file "the emperor" I figure even if they could of be matarical herbivors theres always "an alpha".

dilophosaurus

herrarasaurs-fool one of the earilest known dinos. if not then one of these earily hebervors like a pro-sauropod or somthing. but a prancing Herrerasaurs sounds good)

(random orthomimid)-lovers (don't ask)

caradontosaurs or gigonaughasaurs

a lesser known ceratopian

apatosarus

igunadon (this thing has went trough 3 changes, go look up how it looked when it was first found) maybe for The Sun card?

Allosaur with compy-strength

I'll need to refresh my newer found dinosaurs. and go to some classics. the Devil card would be difficult, unless I go "cheese ball" and choise stygimolch (yes I ran and got one of my books)

I read the tower's meaning. the only thing i can think off is a giant sauropod falling or being attacked or somthing.

HudsonGray

Why not a small mammal destroying the last egg in a clutch? It's an irrecoverable event, nothing the mother dino could do about it.

kuwaizair

HudsonGray said:
Why not a small mammal destroying the last egg in a clutch? It's an irrecoverable event, nothing the mother dino could do about it.

that was a consideration. is this for the death card or judgment? they recently found a mammal with dino bones in its belly, having one of those latching onto a dinosaur was another consideration for the death card as well. or of course the egg thing, if it were one dino eating/feeding its young the egg of another or somthing like that.

HudsonGray

Death always offers a new beginning when something ends, I wouldn't use the egg reference for that.

kuwaizair

HudsonGray said:
Death always offers a new beginning when something ends, I wouldn't use the egg reference for that.

so I guess chicks eating somthing is a better choice?

off topic but http://kuwaizair.livejournal.com/359334.html

looks like I won't be doing anything for a while. someone will accuse me of art theift or the'll save my image and redate it to 2002 and say i stole it.

HudsonGray

I don't understand why you choose the all or nothing approach. Art theft can happen, but the original artist 1. has the original art yet unless the sold it (you should have the name of the person you sold it to), 2. should have signed and dated it on the front 3. can incorporate their name into the art itself (as Robin Wood did ever since someone claimed one of her pieces as their own and sold it as an original for use as a magazine cover). You can also put up an overlay marked 'sample' over it, either electronically or have it done on a clear piece of plastic and place it with your art when you scan it in. That way the layers aren't removeable electronically.

It wouldn't make sense to stop doing art because of that. I don't see a problem with protecting what you do make by just taking a few precautions. Even if it's a shot of you in the mirror holding up all your original art to see.