the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Mariana

I hadn't really followed this thread, but now that I've given your gallery a good look, I have to say I'm impressed. There's something very gentle, elegant, simple and at the same time clever and quirky about this deck. It's lovely, absolutely lovely. I believe the majors have been published by Adam? You say you hope to finish the art in 2009, any idea yet if and when the full deck could be available for purchase? I'm not easily impressed, but this one will go on my wishlist.

truelighth

I love the 8's. Well, actually, I love the whole deck and I so hope it will be published. The 8's really turned out great too. The 8 pentacles is indeed very festive. But I feel myself mostly drawn to the 8 of cups. I like that one very much. Again, beautiful work! :thumbsup:

the_elan

They kind of remind me of Edward Gorey's work.

alizarin

Mariana said:
I believe the majors have been published by Adam? You say you hope to finish the art in 2009, any idea yet if and when the full deck could be available for purchase? I'm not easily impressed, but this one will go on my wishlist.

Thank you! And yes, the majors are available from Adam here. Barring any unforeseen obstacles all the art will be finished this year, and I really don't know how long it will be until a complete deck will be available for purchase. I intend on looking into my publishing options once I'm satisfied with all the paintings.

And speaking of, the 9s are done! I just posted them on what is now page 3 of the tarot minors gallery, you can see them here.

I hope to have the 10s finished relatively soon, and then I'll be taking a short break while I work out the courts.

Chronata

Brilliant

Brilliant

Brilliant

I am always so happy to see more paintings completed!

This is my most anticipated deck

Melvis

I just saw the Majors deck at our Tarot Meet-Up in January, and I am in love! I always love watching the progress of decks here on AT, so now that I've seen them 'in the flesh', so to speak, I will be following your progress even more closely.

I like how the Nine of Cups character's position is similar to the Nine of Pentacles, but you still get the different card meanings. Nice!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

truelighth

I love the new cards. They are just wonderful again!

Do you have any idea if a publisher is interested in your full deck? I so hope so!!!

Manda

Oh my... *drool*

I adore them!

alizarin

Tens are done!

They're up in the gallery, here.

They're kind of a mix of traditional and non-traditional. I only had so many more opportunities to stick bunny tea parties in the deck, and I wanted the 10s to sort of recall earlier minors. They all have their respective animals, too.

Courts are probably going to be awhile, I kind of want to sketch them all before I start painting any of them, but I should be able to finish them during the summer. Will keep you all posted, of course!