Tarot of the Secret Fairies

SharonS

SallySparrow said:
Wow, you are very talented. Those cards are beautiful.

I like your non-gloomy aspect to the death card too. It reminds me of the crossing into the light that most people seem to recognize. The positive things about 'death' instead of just the sad.

Terri

(Also, that was slightly weird that you commented on my welcome post as I was writing this. hehe. Thanks by the way!)

Thank you SallySparrow, I'm glad you can see the card that way:) and you're welcome.

~SharonS

karenquilter

I like your imagery.

Have you considered using chalk? Pastels are really vibrant. Use paper with a bit of tooth to it, such as charcoal paper, so the chalk can stick to it. I like to work on a pad of paper, rather than tape a sheet of paper to a hard drawing board. The chalk goes on better if there is a bit of "give" to the surface.

You can blend the pigments with a finger or tissue, & pick up with a kneaded rubber eraser. Spraying between applications with workable matte fixative will stop your drawing from smudging & dusting. There are pastel pencils that you can sharpen for the detail work. An art supply store should have all this.

If you make your images big, say on 11x14 paper, you can reduce them down in a color copier onto card stock.

Just a suggestion.

SharonS

karenquilter said:
I like your imagery.

Have you considered using chalk? Pastels are really vibrant. Use paper with a bit of tooth to it, such as charcoal paper, so the chalk can stick to it. I like to work on a pad of paper, rather than tape a sheet of paper to a hard drawing board. The chalk goes on better if there is a bit of "give" to the surface.

You can blend the pigments with a finger or tissue, & pick up with a kneaded rubber eraser. Spraying between applications with workable matte fixative will stop your drawing from smudging & dusting. There are pastel pencils that you can sharpen for the detail work. An art supply store should have all this.

If you make your images big, say on 11x14 paper, you can reduce them down in a color copier onto card stock.

Just a suggestion.
I have never worked with chalk, might have to go by Hobby Lobby and see what I can find..play around with it a little. I always like to try new things. Thanks for the suggestion.

~SharonS

SharonS

Hermit Card

Here is the link for the Hermit card...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Sharon_Tarot/The_Hermit_corners.jpg

She is portrayed secluded in her own kind of dream world state with her wings wrapped around her like a cacoon(spelling?) a blue(for healing, power, and intuition as well) candle lit as a guide and her eyes closed in time of solitude. Fireflies and dragonflies fly through the air while vines creep toward her and a waterfall flows beneath her bringing the influences of nature and healing. This brakes off from the usual of The Hermit being a man because I see this card as being able to be either or a form of energy, etc. This diminstrates the need for reflection, time alone, a time to find wisdom and gain knowledge, time to recuperate, resolve something, isolation, etc...

~SharonS

karenquilter

Hermit card

A refreshingly different image.

I'd like to see the vines a little darker, or maybe have a few rocks in the waterfall. The Hermit is pretty dark, so you need to have a little more darkness in the rest of the picture to balance her & make her relate to her surroundings.

So you don't alter your drawing beyond repair, try making a color copy of it & make changes on the copy to see how it looks.

harleyquinn

hello

hi i just happened across this htread and found it to my liking i like all of the cards u have done so far my favs. being the last 2 are u planning on selling these or anything just a question well keep up the good work and looking foward to seeing more

~~**HARLEYQUINN**~~

SharonS

harleyquinn said:
hi i just happened across this htread and found it to my liking i like all of the cards u have done so far my favs. being the last 2 are u planning on selling these or anything just a question well keep up the good work and looking foward to seeing more

~~**HARLEYQUINN**~~
Thank you Harleyquinn:) I'm glad you like them. I've been busy lately, but I'm fixing to start work on another one and will have it up soon. I would like to sell them if there is interest, but I am still looking into the best way to go about doing this and getting them printed. This is the first deck I have worked on so I'm still a newbie at the selling part.

~SharonS