How do you store your decks?

Le Fanu

Wow, they're lovely! You do find the nicest things :).
It's just that people are insane; they throw lovely stuff out and then fill their home with hideous stuff! I don't get it. Surely everyone would have a use for a box and a suitcase like these?

Sulis

It's just that people are insane; they throw lovely stuff out and then fill their home with hideous stuff! I don't get it. Surely everyone would have a use for a box and a suitcase like these?

I couldn't agree more. Chuck out the lovely, old, unique things and replace them with cheap, mass produced (but clean and new looking) things - madness!

jackdaw*

Under the bed in a cardboard photo box with the lid off, in cheap satiny bags although thinking I might stuff them back in their original boxes. My reading deck (I only work with one at a time) sits on the shelf in the living room, out of the bag or box so I can grab it easily.

Kangiska

A lot of space to store ;-)

Alamaris

In a shoebox they barely fit in. It's a shoebox from riding boots, and not very small...! Luckily I don't have too many decks, and plan to do a cull in the near future, but it's mostly the books and big box sets that take up the room.

firefrost

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I love seeing your 'finds'!

Bhavana

Walking home last night I came across a dumpster with lots on interesting looking stuff in it. I fished out two nice ceramic plant pots for the garden and then spotted these storage solutions for DECKS! So thrilled. I have cleaned them up and they're ready to go! Glad I saw them; it rained heavily soon afterwards.

There was also a lovely old oak cabinet which would be perfect for storing decks but I have given it to my partner for the office (which seriously needs more storage space), even though I chivalrously dragged it home! It looks like it might have come from a church. With the wood waxed and rehydrated, it looks superb. I really could do with an extra cupboard for decks!

But I'm very pleased about my smaller storage solutions.

wow, nice finds - they both look old, too..

Le Fanu

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I love seeing your 'finds'!
Thank you! And regarding the lovely oak cabinet, I have cleaned and polished it. Looks lovely and it has found its way into the bedroom and it's kind of "altar" height... })

tarot heart

Perhaps they belonged to a cheating boyfriend and the girl just had to get rid of it so as not to be reminded of him? Anyone want to add to that storyline? :)

Lovely finds Le Fanu...I have an old Samsonite suitcase, light blue with bits of silver glitter in it that I am cleaning up to store my decks and other goodies in.