Sweet Twilight-The Chariot

Hemera

This card is a bit scary, isn´t it? I think this is one of the most difficult ones of the Majors in this deck.
The Chariot is not working quite as it should. Or perhaps as we think it should. The horses are loose and there is a doll or a statue sitting in the charioteer´s place. A long green snake ties the chariot and and the standing man together. The standing man looks like he is directing a play but things are not going as he had planned? He does not look very pleased.
The LWB asks who is in charge. I think it is the standing man who is very much trying to be in charge but the energy (horsepower!) has decided to leave the scene. The horses seem to think it is a stupid and artificial play and they want no part of it. They want to do some *real* work instead of powerplays like this.

This picture reminds me of something that M-L von Franz, a Jungian analyst, says, that you should spend time to see where the energy (your inner energy) wants to go. This card is about just that:Where does the energy want to go?

Attachments

• The Chariot.jpg
    The Chariot.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 215

Aerin

I haven't had this card in a reading so I'm coming to it out of context.

The first thing I thought of was how it doesn't mater how much you *think* you are in charge about your decisions your unconscious mind can trip you up. Like being halfway through a chocolate bar when you have "decided" to lay off, or buying a deck when you have decided not to get any for a while.

Hemera

Aerin said:
The first thing I thought of was how it doesn't mater how much you *think* you are in charge about your decisions your unconscious mind can trip you up. Like being halfway through a chocolate bar when you have "decided" to lay off, or buying a deck when you have decided not to get any for a while.

LOL yes:) so it goes back to "where does your energy want to go?"

Hemera

I got this card yesterday in a reading for a valuable broken item. I wanted to know why it broke?
I didn´t understand why I got the Chariot in answer to my question. Looking at this card closely I saw a very surprised man looking at a carriage that had gone to pieces which is exactly how I feel now.
But where is the answer to "Why" this had to happen? Did the carriage break because the man is arrogant?

Aerin

Well, or maybe sometimes Stuff Happens.

Perhapos the card it saying just that, given it is so literal.