Gnostic Tarot

Jarude

Hello all

I was wondering whether or not anyone has read the book the Gnostic Tarot by Lee Irwin. I've just purchased this book just recently to enhance my knowledge futher, and was after some feedback if possible.
I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Love and Peace

Jarude

jmd

I have it and have read it, but would have to re-look at it to make more detailed comments.

From memory, the introduction is one of the best overview produced, and the book rivals in comprehensiveness and detail Irene Gad's Tarot and Individuation - in fact, though quite different, I have at times confused these two detailed books in my memory.

This is another book I would recommend with little hesitation. It is, if one can characterise books as such, along the heavier end of the spectrum.

HOLMES

hmm

i would have to say that since you got the book coming to look at it from a totally fresh view :O) and let no feedback precondition your mind.

i do have the book , and offer to discuss it with you though my knowledge of it is limited.
just a page number and paragraph and what you thought and i will give my own thoughts :O)

i am sure anyone who has the book will offer to do the same. eheh

Jarude

Thanks both for your input.

Yes, a great overview of the introduction, and very informative in all its detail throughout.

There are many things that this book has to offer and also many other topics that will take some careful reading on my behalf. The reason for my purchase, is the book was on discount down to $8.95 AUD from $35.00, and at the time had come across a few websites in reference to many things discussed in the book that held great interest to me.

I have read bits and pieces, and don't want to really get into the book indepth just at this moment, for as you said, it is the heavier end of the spectrum, and until such time I feel comfortable, I will leave it for the moment.
I will however in time bring this thread up again, and with page number, or paragraph ;-) , as I'm sure I will have many questions to ask.

Thank you both very much for your help.

Love and Peace
Jarude

callahwj

I just ordered this book used. It looks really interesting. I find myself much more interested in the tarot as a means for spiritual growth than anything else. I look forward to seeing what I can learn from this book.

-Bill

callahwj

confused

OK, I've had this book for a few days, and I'm real impressed with the begining, but then Irwin says that Swords are Fire and wands are air. I don't know how common these associations are, but they are opposite what I learned. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance,

-Bill

HOLMES

well,

every person who writes a book, or even reads the tarot will by their nature picked the best system of understanding the tarot as it agrees with them.
as individuals there will alwasy be those who see the swords as fire, and those who see swords as air, and vice versa.

the best thing to do is look at lee irwin own logical reasons for the assessment (ps. i got confused when he breaks up further into 6 elements)
and then ask yourself does this agree with me or is wands better for fire ?

no one answer be wrong. for the tarot meanings has changed over time. from the mundane to more spiritual aspects and that only gives us a broader basis to work from.