Tarocchino Decks

madhatter00o

Hello!

I recently stumbled upon the Tarocchino Bolognese deck (http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/taro-no-bolognes.htm) and was immediately drawn to the illustrations. They're elegant and beautiful, and I love the Swords, especially, though some of the Majors don't exactly speak to me as divinatory aids.

I've become quite accustomed to using Majors Only decks, so I have experience with non-78-card decks. However, I've never tried "Little Tarot" decks like this, and I really can't imagine why the creators of the deck would omit pips 2-5 (besides maybe budget...?).

Anyways, I suppose my query is threefold:

1. Does anyone have any experience reading with a Tarocchino deck, particularly the Tarocchino Bolognese? How does it read for you? What are its strengths and/or shortcomings?

2. How does the omission of the first half of the pips influence your readings? Does their absence make a difference? Do you think they should be there? How do you "make up" for them since they're absent? (OK, that's a whole bunch of questions in one, I'll admit. >_>)

3. Why *are* half of the pips gone? (More of an historical question, I guess.)

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment you can bring me! ^_^

dancing_moon

The pips 2-5 are omitted for gaming purposes, very much like you can often see playing card decks printed only with 36 or even 32 cards, suitable for a lot of games.

The rest can be found in the link Yelell posted, including some experience of people actually reading with these decks. :thumbsup: Personally, I don't, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a problem: if you can extract all the information you need from 22 Majors alone, then a 62-card deck is so much larger and more detailed. :D

madhatter00o

I thought I remembered seeing an old thread about this before --- this I think? http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78400

Thank you. I had looked at that thread before posting, but I suppose I wasn't as focused in my initial examination of it as I thought I had been.

The pips 2-5 are omitted for gaming purposes, very much like you can often see playing card decks printed only with 36 or even 32 cards, suitable for a lot of games.

The rest can be found in the link Yelell posted, including some experience of people actually reading with these decks. :thumbsup: Personally, I don't, but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a problem: if you can extract all the information you need from 22 Majors alone, then a 62-card deck is so much larger and more detailed. :D

Yes, after going back through the post (and following the myriad links), I realize it's primarily a gaming deck. Bit of a shame really. I simply can't imagine reading with it now, since within the Majors there are the four Moors, two of which are identical. I reckon it would make for one heck of a time to discern anything beyond the point value for the game.

Siiiigh. I'll have to put this one on the "Eventually" List. :p