Underwear for Decks!

Rasa

What a great idea... I have never thought of using a sock!

when I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be about storing the deck in more than one layer.. like a bag inside another bag, a bag inside a box, or a box in a bag.
I have a couple of decks that get this kind of special extra protection- like I don't want anything to damage the beautiful custom-made bag that Carol made for my large llluminated, so the artist's bag gets tucked inside another thick zip-up purse- making that inner layer the attractive secret lingerie of the deck, if you will. ;)
Likewise, my Soprafino came in a beautiful handmade box with a wax seal, and that box is the underwear which goes inside a fancy little snug-fitting clutch purse, because I wouldn't want the box to get dented or the wax seal to chip.

Actually, your sock idea sounds like it would be good for double-bagging also; if I found a bag or purse which suited the character of a deck very well but was too small for it and rattled around a bit.. The sock would keep it snug and protected, even if it slid and moved. Perfect deck undies!

Tansey Ella

my first thought was you were drawing underwear on some of the decks with nudity in them.

Milfoil

Yes, that was what I first thought of too Grigori. :)

I've seen a baby sock used as well (albeit for the Zerner Farber) but the little frill of lace around the top suited the deck (pardon the pun).

Le Fanu

Grigori said:
My decks wear jockstraps, cause they like it when the breeze tickles them ;)

Along similar line though GD, I've seen folks using iPod socks for tarot decks.
http://store.apple.com/au/product/M9720G/B
I use mobile phone pouches for Lenormands and mini decks...but I'm having difficulty conceiving of a dressy sock without a heel. Is this a U.S concept?

gregory

I begin to feel some decks that live in this forum are grotesquely overdressed. None of mine will ever wear underwear - or, indeed, satin ribbons, except the two that came with them and had had them for about 75 years. I would feel guilty stealing them away.

But the sock thing has come up all over here for people who have to move around with their decks. Doesn't need to be a fancy sock though. The one that lost its mate in the washer will do fine. It will be imbued with YOU !

Storm82

just had to read this thread when I saw the name of the thread

isch :D

Lillie

My Thoth wears black cotton panties and a lacy bra...

It says it likes it.

Le Fanu

Lillie said:
and pouts saucily.

gregory

Lillie said:

It says it likes it.
Uncle Al is a transvestite !! LOVE it !