Oracle of Visions by Ciro Marchetti

Ruby Jewel

Hello everyone. I just received the Marchetti "Oracle of Visions" in the mail today. I was a bit surprised..perhaps even disappointed a little in the deck. In the pictures here on At the deck appears to be irridescent with a gold leaf line around the edge. And, also, a reference is made to "gold". But, I find no gold leaf at all on this deck...neither the line around the face of the card nor the edges of the cards. The line on the face is yellow. Also, the cards I got in the mail have numbers at the top, and the ones shown here on AT are unnumbered. Therefore, I am wondering if there might be two different versions of this deck....one a so-called "economy" version, and another that is much more elegant with gold leaf and irridescent coloring. Of course, it could be that certain lighting and photographing techniques might make the cards appear to be much richer....so, I am curious to know if anyone has any information in this regard.

Padma

Ciro drops in here from time to time, so hopefully he will see this and answer your questions. I guess you could ask him via PM, too? He is very nice to chat with. :)

Ruby Jewel

Ciro drops in here from time to time, so hopefully he will see this and answer your questions. I guess you could ask him via PM, too? He is very nice to chat with. :)

Thank you so much Padma. I will wait and see if he shows up. That would be really .... really cool.

AnemoneRosie

Hm, he replied to someone else's question today. I guess he didn't see this. PM and ask him?

Asher

Just checked....

I have both Ciro's self-published edition and the mass market edition. The decks are virtually identical, except that the self-published deck has gold leaf edging. Both have numbers at the top.

Not sure why the images at AT are un-numbered, tho. The colors in the self-published editions seem a bit more vibrant to my (admittedly old) eyes, but both are very beautiful.

Barleywine

I have the mass-market edition. The bordering line is a golden yellow but not metallic. The cards are all numbered at the top. My main beef with it is its over-sized format; I prefer cards I can handle easily.

WolfyJames

I'm glad I bought my copy at Ciro's website, mine is gilded. I'm sure it's quite disappointing to get a non-gilded version.

Ruby Jewel

I'm glad I bought my copy at Ciro's website, mine is gilded. I'm sure it's quite disappointing to get a non-gilded version.

Hi Wolfy.....would you happen to have the address to his website?

Ruby Jewel

I have the mass-market edition. The bordering line is a golden yellow but not metallic. The cards are all numbered at the top. My main beef with it is its over-sized format; I prefer cards I can handle easily.

I was a bit surprised at how "plain Jane" they are because the pictures really make them look to be exotic with all the gold leaf and metallic colors. Still, I'm sure I will enjoy using these and will get used to them. I have rather large hands, so I'm not too bothered by size as long as they are big enough.

Ruby Jewel

I have both Ciro's self-published edition and the mass market edition. The decks are virtually identical, except that the self-published deck has gold leaf edging. Both have numbers at the top.

Not sure why the images at AT are un-numbered, tho. The colors in the self-published editions seem a bit more vibrant to my (admittedly old) eyes, but both are very beautiful.

Hi Asher....thanks for this info. I don't really mind that the edges are not gold leaf....if that is the only difference, I should be quite happy with this deck. I'll know more once I have used it....