Moon Card: needing a bit of help

TaureanWitch

Out of all the cards, I think I understand the moon card the least. I understand it on a face level of what it's supposed to mean and represent, but on an intuitive level I still struggle! Maybe that's the point of this card haha!

Well, I pulled it as the card representing something that will happen to or for me in the near future within the month of May. So my first thought was that perhaps there will be something hidden from me or unknown to my awareness that will be affecting things in my life.

I follow astrological general monthly tarot readings from readers that have been accurate for me. I know these are not personal readings, but I do believe that the energies the planets put forth collectively effect us in similar ways, though in what exact way will be different for each individual.

I was listening to a trusted reader doing my sign's monthly general reading (I'm a Taurus) and she said something that really struck me and I wonder if it is clarification on what my pulling of the moon card meant: she said "I feel like there will be an 'aha!' moment for you in the middle of the month." Then she went on to elaborate that our higher selves will be speaking to us,* and that there is something we need to translate

This made me wonder if my pulling of the moon card is telling me basically what she is intuitively feeling for my sign in May? Perhaps my own reading was telling me that something hidden from me will surface after I do my own reflection?

Thank you for any input! The Moon card is still as much of a mystery to me as the mysteries it represents! Haha

Nemia

I find the Moon card easier to understand when I call it "Night", not Moon ;-) just for myself. What do we have at night? Darkness, dreams, nightmares, you don't see colours, and fears come up that disappear in the clear light of day. It's also the area we push our traumata, humiliations, unfulfilled dreams and other unpleasant things. A bit like Freud's unconscious - the part of the iceberg that's hidden from view.

In the reading you did for yourself, the Moon appears as something that will happen to you in the course of this month. So you will have to deal with these hidden, feared and unpleasant parts of your mind or your past - if not from choice, then you'll be surprised by something that pops up.

You might be in the process of shadow work and be confronted with some parts of your shadow. You might go through an inner process that makes dealing with this shadow necessary.

I'm a Taurus myself btw. Probably that means that I also will have an aha monent in the middle of May? or was it a personal reading just for you? So much depends on other aspects of our birth charts, I usually don't feel that such general observations give me a lot - but you were struck by it so it's very likely there's something in your life right now that makes you sensitive for it.

So I'd say prepare mentally for the bubbling up of some Moon shadows you didn't expect, for the emergence of old fears, illusions, dreams or memories, that you will have to deal with, are able to deal with (otherwise they wouldn't come up right now under the sign of the Moon, i.e., with forewarning), and I guess you'll be happier after you dealt with it.

(Because this part of the iceberg is not a static lifeless thing but living and moving and part of us, and the more we acknowledge that, the better. I found Christine Jette's book about shadow work a great help even though I worked only through a part of it - it brought up things and I'm on my way to more inner peace. But this is advice beyond the scope of the card, sorry.)

TaureanWitch

I find the Moon card easier to understand when I call it "Night", not Moon ;-) just for myself. What do we have at night? Darkness, dreams, nightmares, you don't see colours, and fears come up that disappear in the clear light of day. It's also the area we push our traumata, humiliations, unfulfilled dreams and other unpleasant things. A bit like Freud's unconscious - the part of the iceberg that's hidden from view.

In the reading you did for yourself, the Moon appears as something that will happen to you in the course of this month. So you will have to deal with these hidden, feared and unpleasant parts of your mind or your past - if not from choice, then you'll be surprised by something that pops up.

You might be in the process of shadow work and be confronted with some parts of your shadow. You might go through an inner process that makes dealing with this shadow necessary.

I'm a Taurus myself btw. Probably that means that I also will have an aha monent in the middle of May? or was it a personal reading just for you? So much depends on other aspects of our birth charts, I usually don't feel that such general observations give me a lot - but you were struck by it so it's very likely there's something in your life right now that makes you sensitive for it.

So I'd say prepare mentally for the bubbling up of some Moon shadows you didn't expect, for the emergence of old fears, illusions, dreams or memories, that you will have to deal with, are able to deal with (otherwise they wouldn't come up right now under the sign of the Moon, i.e., with forewarning), and I guess you'll be happier after you dealt with it.

(Because this part of the iceberg is not a static lifeless thing but living and moving and part of us, and the more we acknowledge that, the better. I found Christine Jette's book about shadow work a great help even though I worked only through a part of it - it brought up things and I'm on my way to more inner peace. But this is advice beyond the scope of the card, sorry.)
*Yes,* it was a general Taurus reading for may :) i think these general readings are good to just get a general insight of the energies in place for our signs due to what the planets are doing that month :) but i always do a personal reading for myself so that I have a more specific outlook on what's going on for me

I really like your idea of calling it "night" instead of moon.

I'm actually doing a lot of Jungian research recently, which involves learning about the shadow. So maybe this research I'm doing will help be a catalyst for the "aha!" moment I'm supposed to have? Very interesting to think about

Thank you so much for your help!

Grizabella

My "aha!" moment card is usually the Judgment card. The Moon is very feminine and watery---hormone-laden type stuff. As Nemia pointed out, you can't see things clearly in the night when the moon is out and you tend to see things that aren't there and not see things that are. The "aha!" moment is the time when you do see things clearly all of a sudden, so the Moon would be more of a murky and unclear card to my way of thinking.

TaureanWitch

My "aha!" moment card is usually the Judgment card. The Moon is very feminine and watery---hormone-laden type stuff. As Nemia pointed out, you can't see things clearly in the night when the moon is out and you tend to see things that aren't there and not see things that are. The "aha!" moment is the time when you do see things clearly all of a sudden, so the Moon would be more of a murky and unclear card to my way of thinking.
But what do you think it means if it was pulled as the "near future" card?

Padma

But what do you think it means if it was pulled as the "near future" card?

I know you were saying that to Grizabella,

But what I would say to my sitter if I pulled this card as near future would be:

-Tune in to your intuition, listen to your gut.
-Allow creativity/imagination a little free reign, you'll be surprised at what comes up.
-Don't believe everything you think
-Don't believe everything you see
-Weigh options carefully
-Sleep on it before deciding
-investigate why you are feeling certain emotions at certain times
-give it a month, and things will get clearer/come to fruition
-Pay attention to your dreams.

There is also the more obvious "lots of stuff is going to happen at night this month, busy evening calendar!" ;)

Grizabella

But what I would say to my sitter if I pulled this card as near future would be:

-Allow creativity/imagination a little free reign, you'll be surprised at what comes up.
-Weigh options carefully

There is also the more obvious "lots of stuff is going to happen at night this month, busy evening calendar!" ;)

Thanks Padma! You've done a more thorough job of answering than I would have anyway. lol :)

In the near future it means the same as it would in the past or present. Depending on the card combinations is what changes meanings and makes them more precise in a spread the way I read.

Since yours was a computer generated spread that's supposed to give a general forecast for everyone (which I don't believe could possibly be very accurate) it's hard to say what it will mean in your life. Maybe you can get back to us if you find out as the month goes on. :)

TaureanWitch

Thanks Padma! You've done a more thorough job of answering than I would have anyway. lol :)

In the near future it means the same as it would in the past or present. Depending on the card combinations is what changes meanings and makes them more precise in a spread the way I read.

Since yours was a computer generated spread that's supposed to give a general forecast for everyone (which I don't believe could possibly be very accurate) it's hard to say what it will mean in your life. Maybe you can get back to us if you find out as the month goes on. :)
What? It was not a computer generated spread. This was done by a human reader

TaureanWitch

-Weigh options carefully

I kind of wondered if such things could be what it meant. Like telling me that something will happen in the near future that causes me to reflect like that. Thanks

Grizabella

What? It was not a computer generated spread. This was done by a human reader

Well, even though it wasn't computer generated, it was still a blanket reading for mass amounts of people with your sign. That's pretty much the same and what I meant was that in the case of doing a mass reading, it's a stretch to try to make it fit everyone with the same sign.