lunar eclipse 16-05-03

skytwig

Help.....

i am Cancer/Cancer (lots of Cancer in my chart, too!!!)

Anywho, Scorpio is in my 5th house - what does this lunar eclipse mean for me?

There is definitely major transformation going on for me! Major!

I am a newbie to astrology, so teach me, teach me, please.... I looooove to learn! :laugh:

paradoxx

mercury is also retrograde, if there is a need to travel be careful and avoid red vehicles as the eclipse will cause teh moon to appear red the red vibration may or may not cause problems.

Also, Armed Forces Day (US) is the 17th, i have the feeling that this could mean something big but if there is plans in stock were not being told.

Teh moon seems to be affecting my emotional side a little bit, even lunar aquarians spark off every once in a while.

PurpleGoddess

minderwiz?still posting?

will you still post the general reading for the lunar eclipse? i am always fasinated by what i learn about myself during the phase of the moon and different planetary goings on.

i'm cancer, with cancer rising. so wherever scorpio is will be the house it's affecting for me right?

blessed be!

Indigo_lady

I'm a bit confused here

Exactly what are the astrological effects of a lunar eclipse???

Depending on the house it falls in, what are the effects???

Is there a site where I can find this info?

In my case, I'm a Taurus with a Libra ascendant, and Scorpio rules my second house

but I would also like to know the different effects it has

Minderwiz

The general follows shortly.

However just a couple of general points. A lunar eclipse is simply a Full Moon but it differs from other Full Moons in that the Moon is at or near the Ecliptic - the apparant path of the Sun around the Earth. Because Sun and Moon line up directly in terms of Celestial latitude the body of the Earth is physically between the two of them thus causing the shadow of the Earth to pass across the Moon. At other Full Moons the Moon is above or below the ecliptic and thus the Earth's shadow is (I suppose) lost in Space.

The significance of the eclipse is usually taken as being more important than a 'normal' Full Moon and its effects are seen as lasting longer. Some Astrologers see the effects of one Full Moon lasting till around the time of the next one. In the same vein the effects of a lunar Eclipse can be seen as lasting until the next one - or even longer. I've seen some claims that the effect could last for up to three years.

The House of the lunar eclipse will differ depending on the latitude and longitude of the observer - it is more usual therefore to interpret the Full Moon in terms of which House of your natal chart it appears. In this eclipse the Moon will be at 24 degrees 53 minutes which is in my fourth House. The significance for me will therefore be in the area of family, roots and home. It is also conjunct my South Node - which is linked to my past and my soul memories - what I brought into this world. This therefore should be a highly reflective and possibly Karmic time for me. There are also seveal aspects between the eclipse and my natal planets - in particular squares to natal Moon, Conjunction with natal Mercury, and Jupiter Square to natal Saturn and Square to the Ascendant. - Some interesting times ahead LOL

For Indigo_Lady the effects are more likely to be in terms of material possessions, her natural skills and talents - the way in which she relates to the natural world and to nature in general. Without more information on her birth details I can't go much further.

The same is basically true for PG - the House that contains 24 Scorpio is the House that will be affected.

Indigo_lady

Thank you very much for the explanation Minderwirz

I have some basic knowledge of astrology, birth charts and so on, but I know very little of the influence of these events

;)

purplefishy

Scorpio is in my 1st house so that means that everything governed by the first house will be affected then... In my natal chart Scorpio is also in Uranus...is this significant?

azuremariposa

ok, so what about the fact that this full moon is going to be opposing Algol? anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this?? Algol is at 26 Taurus, from what i've read...it's supposed to be really bad...:(

many blessings,

~azure

magpie9

I don't know astrology, but I looked in my Moon Mansions Oracle, and they give 24' Scorpio as Mansion 16, called "Door". The book says it means that Uranus is stimulating Mercury in new ways, encouraging or creating a brainwave. Possibilities of brilliant new concepts,and getting shaken out of old familiar ways of thinking.

It goes on to say that it's like a door opening that you diddn't really know was there in the first place, a great oportunity to go forward in new ways, new places--but it's a tough decision, leaving habit and known safety behind. Enormas unknown potential, but no garantees.

I thought that was interesting, and positive, at least for me--I have 24' Scorpio in my 10 th house, and am getting really realllly tired of being out of work and money! So who knows, maybe it'll bring me a job. :)

LGarrick

Sagittarius w/Taurus Rising

HI,
I could use some help - Im a Sag with a Taurus rising (12/5/63); I know a few things about my chart...

Uranus is currently in my 4th house (Home & Family) and Saturn is in my 7th house (Partners).

I'm not real clear on what this Lunar eclipse means for me - but I'd love some help - I know that the 31 New Moon will be very important to most Sag people.

Any comments would be very helpful ~ Thanks.