I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

Still working on the Hanged Man...

PHOTO #1: Original bear photo (thanks :heart: Mi-Shell)

:heart: tarotlyn

It's not finished yet :bugeyed:

Attachments

• HANGED.MAN.jpg
    HANGED.MAN.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 143

tarotlyn

:) WOW...I spent 4 hours on my first version of the Hanged Man,
and just a few minutes on the this final one that I like! YIKES
...you just never know how it will go :bugeyed:

...I will leave for my walk in 40 minutes from now...after I will check in and see what you think?

Attachments

• HANGED.MAN.FINISHED.jpg
    HANGED.MAN.FINISHED.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 156

kaleanna

I think you are doing awesome with the cards tarotlyn, and I am very much looking forward to this deck. Bears have been a fave of mine for a very long time and even though the Baby Dragons have seemed to taken hold a bit, I still have a ton of bears and proably always will :D

GryffinSong

Your hanged man is wonderful! :heart:

tarotlyn

I think you are doing awesome with the cards tarotlyn, and I am very much looking forward to this deck. Bears have been a fave of mine for a very long time and even though the Baby Dragons have seemed to taken hold a bit, I still have a ton of bears and proably always will :D
:heart: Thank you kaleanna for the encouraging words, I really needed that today...after spending
4 hours on a card that I didn't even decide to use as the Hanged Man :bugeyed: LOL

...so, any encouraging words are especially endearing to me during this process.

Your hanged man is wonderful! :Heart:

:heart: Thank you GryffinSong, I was worried about if anyone would like this card being so simple.
Glad you like it and hope the others will as well.

:heart: tarotlyn... going off to work on another card...:)

tarotlyn

:):heart: WHAT? No more comments on The Hanged Man card? :confused:

...Last night I played around with some thrones for my Court cards...that was really fun! :party:
The last implement I need to come up with is the 'Wand.'... haven't found one I like yet...
may have to make one myself... would rather find a real image I can use so everything is
totally realistic.

I am excited to do the Kings and Queens now. I just let Spirit lead and let it all flow ...and
when I try to lead (like in doing the Hanged Man)...it is so much harder...
Do I need to rethink/rework the Hanged Man card? I need more feedback on that one, please.

Well in about 1 1/2 hrs my neighbor, Gladys (whom this deck is for), is taking me to lunch...
then at about 6:45 pm I am going on my daily 1 1/2 mile walk with her husband, Bob, my buddy.

I have to tell you about Gladys, the other day, when I was over there teaching her how to use
her new graphics software. She kept saying that she wanted to come over here to see some
of MY work (I have the same graphics software)...and then I found out: she just wanted to
PEEK at the Bear cards I have done so far!!! LOL :laugh: Ha Ha... She said that when she
was a kid, that she secretly opened ALL of her birthday, xmas, etc. presents before the
event and then wrapped them all back up so no one would know. LOL :laugh:

Then she said, that one xmas, her family members all left for the day, and she found her hidden presents
(they weren't wrapped yet) so she cut the little manufacturer's tape on all the boxes and
opened them to get a good look at her presents. And when she went to wrap them all back
up, she couldn't find any tape! LOL But did find some tape with xmas designs on it, so she
used that. So when her mom went to wrap them with xmas paper, she noticed the taped up boxes...LOL...
...and Gladys said she go into so much trouble, but that to this day, she STILL PEEKS at
her hidden presents! I told her husband yesterday so he could hide his gifts for her better!
Ha Ha... Plus, I told her NO she could not come over and look at her Bear tarot deck ...
...she has to wait until Xmas... I just hope she doesn't remember that a year or so ago,
I gave her the link to AT :eek:... I don't need her in this creation thread...BUT she might be here
spying on us? YIKES... "Gladys, if you are here watching...bug out!!!" :laugh:
... sneaky little neighbor...LOL :laugh:

...anyway...when I get back I can work on ANOTHER CARD...YAY!!! :party:

...come on, where are all the other commenters? I don't want to look like a fool IF and when
I send these to a place for printing!!! :bugeyed: I'd rather know now, if something looks wrong
so I can fix it if necessary.

Okay...PHOTO: Here is my 1st version of The Hanged Man...don't laugh please...LOL :laugh:
Let me know which one you like best...or if you like either of them at all...I CAN start over on this card! (version 2 is in a previous post)

Attachments

• HANGED.MAN.1ST.VERSION.jpg
    HANGED.MAN.1ST.VERSION.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 133

GryffinSong

Ooh, tough choice. I like that you can really make out the bear's face in the second one (with the bird feeder). But I'm not sure how I'd read the bird feeder in terms of a reading. The first one I think I like the shapes of best, but you can't make out the bear's face very well. So it comes across as more abstract. And I'm not sure what the little rays are around his head?

Also, just something to think about, if you're going to sell this deck you need to make sure that ALL the images you use are ok/legal to copy. If any of them are copyrighted you could get into trouble. I always assume a copyright unless the site explicitely states that they're free to use, and even then sometimes it's only for private use, not for resale use.

tarotlyn

Ooh, tough choice. I like that you can really make out the bear's face in the second one (with the bird feeder). But I'm not sure how I'd read the bird feeder in terms of a reading. The first one I think I like the shapes of best, but you can't make out the bear's face very well. So it comes across as more abstract. And I'm not sure what the little rays are around his head?

Also, just something to think about, if you're going to sell this deck you need to make sure that ALL the images you use are ok/legal to copy. If any of them are copyrighted you could get into trouble. I always assume a copyright unless the site explicitely states that they're free to use, and even then sometimes it's only for private use, not for resale use.

:heart: Thank you! GryffinSong, I do appreciate the honesty!

I could splice the bird feeder image (just the bear's face) and transpose it over the 1st Hanged Man card
to make his face more clear...don't know why I didn't think of it earlier :bugeyed:

Ouch:
Oh, the little rays around his head (caused the most problem trying to create)...they are
supposed to the the 'Illuminated Light' around the head of the Hanged Man...look at the
the RW card and you will see it. Or do you mean that MY 'Light' (halo effect) does not look
close enough to the RW Hanged Man card? Will have to think on this more how to replicate
that light. I might try a different technique.

But I so appreciate your honesty, as I said :):thumbsup:

I am back from lunch and shopping with Gladys, but I need to go back out for my daily
walk again at 6:45...so I will have almost 2 hrs to play with graphics...I will come back
soon to see what you respond to about the "rays around his head."

GryffinSong

I think the reason the rays didn't seem right is that they're down in front of the bear's nose. You might want to surround the bear's head with it so that it looks more like a halo. I think using the bird house bear's head will work very well, and perhaps try it with rays surrounding his head instead of out in front of him. See if that does what you want it to. :)

Or, ignore me. I'm only one opinion!!! ;)

tarotlyn

I think the reason the rays didn't seem right is that they're down in front of the bear's nose. You might want to surround the bear's head with it so that it looks more like a halo. I think using the bird house bear's head will work very well, and perhaps try it with rays surrounding his head instead of out in front of him. See if that does what you want it to. :)

Or, ignore me. I'm only one opinion!!! ;)

:heart::)Thank you GryffinSong...I got you...I respect your opinion :):thumbsup: ...that is important to me...
...and I am on it. I knew that halo thingy was not quite right :bugeyed: BUT today I just
came up with a much better technique for doing the hallow effect (I think). Plus I will be able
to 'easily' put the head from one bear over the top of the other bear and see what happens :):thumbsup:
Tomorrow I will work on it...today was just so busy...unless I get a second wind :bugeyed: LOL

I had a fantastic day with Gladys today. She bought me the best Mexican food lunch and then
we went shopping together. We also discussed a lot of Metaphysical things...I am so glad she lives next door!
She told me that she has TONS of thick cardstock papers in different colors and different patterns.
She is going to dig it out and give it to me. I have been looking for that for quite awhile for that type of card stock.
She said she uses it in her real estate business! (I want it for making my own 'sturdy' stand up tarot boxes).
I have a great template for small tarot boxes now. ...so I am so excited about this cardstock...YAY!!! :party:...it was a great day!

...okay now...next I will post the King of Wands...I am really happy with him!

Then back to watching tv for the evening...:bugeyed: LOL
:heart:tarotlyn