Libra's influence on Strength, Leo's on Justice

ThusSpokeZarathustra

Hey there! So, I've paid a lot of attention to the history of the Justice and Strength cards recently and am stuck on their numbering.

I know that RW moved Justice to XI and Strength to VIII to align with the western zodiac. A lot of tarot guides now use this numbering and cite how the card's ruling planet or sign influences it's meaning or effect on the individual it applies to. However, what does the zodiac mean for people who disagree with RW's placement? What is (or would be) Libra's influence on Strength, and Leo's influence on Justice? Especially in regard to when people apply tarot to personality, this question intrigues me. (I am a Libran, so my card should be Justice, but in many ways I sooner identify with Strength. Just a little context.)

Michael Sternbach

Frankly, I haven't heard of any attributions of Leo to Justice and Libra to Strength so far. Authors like Crowley who leave these Trumps in their traditional places think of them as belonging to Libra and Leo nevertheless.

Zephyros

Yes, this is true. The attributions of the signs never changed; what changed was the numerical ordering of the Trumps, in order to return them to their "natural" order. The RWS keeps the Golden Dawn ordering, with Justice at eleven and Strength at eight, but Crowley kept the traditional ordering and has Lust at eleven and Adjustment at eight, but had other considerations, for he counterbalanced that with the Star/Emperor switch.

One could approach the question with what number is better for either Trump. In that case it really depends on one's definition, because each change is organically tied to each system as a whole.