Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

AriesVirgoAscending

I continue to get positive readings regarding a love interest, and yet nothing is happening between us! I have success in other readings on other topics for myself and others, but in regards to this situation, nothing is happening in spite of repeating cards signifying a future.
Clear cards, such as two of cups, page of cups regarding positive messages, 9 of cups, repeating.
I just wonder why nothing is happening, the last fight seemed so hopeless.

Chimera Dust

First, how long has this been going on for? It's possible that the potential for that outcome could be high but require more time to come true?

I know that the Cups suit is often linked to love, but it can be about emotions in general. I've pulled Cups cards regarding people I was just friends with, even relatives, because it can be most kinds of relationships. The outcome could be about friendship rather than something romantic, even if that's not what you'd like to hear.

Given all those combinations, I'm inclined to think it might be about romantic love, but maybe you need to be patient or things between you need to reach a certain stage before they can move forward. Have you tried including advice cards in your reading? That's probably more helpful than simply trying to predict a future that you don't know when (or how) it's going to happen. :)

gregory

I would guess you are seeing what you want to see. It's far too easy to do. Show the cards to someone else and see what they see - without giving them your take first.

9 cups, for instance, can mean the best outcome for YOU, Which may not be what you think at the moment would be. Cups aren't always romantic love, as Chimera Dust says. Thirteen even mentions a "sympathetic soul"; a "person or thing". The 9 can be about "what you put out will return back to you threefold." (quoting from Thirteen again.) How much have you put INTO this ? Are you just waiting for something to happen and trusting in the fact that that is what you see in the cards when you read them for yourself will make it happen all by itself ? A dangerous assumption, IMHO.

Nikita_

I've had the same thing happen to me in the past. My explanation is that tarot often reflects current energies, it doesn't mean that those energies are going to take a concrete form, if you see what I mean..

Nikita_

But to answer your question more concisely yes, the cards can mislead you.

nisaba

Are we mislead by the cards, though, or are we misled by our own interpretation of them, how we choose to apply them to our lives?

I think that might be down to us, not the cards. Nobody is a gee-whizz-yew-beaut perfect interpreter all the time.

AriesVirgoAscending

First, how long has this been going on for? It's possible that the potential for that outcome could be high but require more time to come true?

I know that the Cups suit is often linked to love, but it can be about emotions in general. I've pulled Cups cards regarding people I was just friends with, even relatives, because it can be most kinds of relationships. The outcome could be about friendship rather than something romantic, even if that's not what you'd like to hear.

Given all those combinations, I'm inclined to think it might be about romantic love, but maybe you need to be patient or things between you need to reach a certain stage before they can move forward. Have you tried including advice cards in your reading? That's probably more helpful than simply trying to predict a future that you don't know when (or how) it's going to happen. :)

This has been since April, we have had a few months where we forgave, and tried to be friends, but it ended again when we started to not communicate honestly because jealousy kicked in again, turns out we weren't just friends.
Now things appear hopeless, but I've seen him on social media, and heard things, so I have done reading when something changes, or a message is received.
I could go into different spreads, including ones done for me, well to wrap it up..... nothing! The conflicts yes, the love and understanding, no!
So, I suppose it is just not time, and not a flaw in my deck?

AriesVirgoAscending

Are we mislead by the cards, though, or are we misled by our own interpretation of them, how we choose to apply them to our lives?

I think that might be down to us, not the cards. Nobody is a gee-whizz-yew-beaut perfect interpreter all the time.
I understand that. Very much.
In this case though, these combinations are heavy hitters, the obvious ones, so that's why I'm confused, and they repeat often.

headincloud

Hi I assume you've been seeing this guy from what you said, is it possible the cards have already played out reflecting you had your wish of a new romantic relationship? Perhaps you could gain clarity by looking at the future outcome. I've found I tend to home in on positive cards when I'm hoping for a situation to read in my favour with a tendency to play down any negative influences.

It's a bit misleading to read obvious cards such as the 2 cups as wonderful and rosy which is possible but the influence of death in the spread for example would be telling us we can expect an end to a relationship. The possibilities seem to be endless taking all cards into account.

Pique Dame

I did a relationship spread once and got Strength for "where the relationship currently stands" which seemed like a very positive card. The relationship ended the next day. I'm not sure if it was the cards misleading me, or if there's another more negative meaning that I didn't pick up on at the time. But, I personally feel misled that I was told things were going strong even though the end was merely hours away. So, as much as I'd like to believe the cards don't intentionally mislead, it seems like it's entirely possible.