Feeling, Thinking , Yes , No

Dangala

Is Tarot really good at showing how someone feels or thinks.. I see many questions about what someone thinks or feels, or yes and no questions grrrrr.. do you think Tarot is good at answering these questions?
I personally think the cards try to talk to the quarent and give advice rather than answer what someone is feeling or thinks about them, usually mirroring their own insecurities or feelings as such.. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but Tarot is evolving into something more trivial it seems. I don't see any more readings using spreads with positions and meanings or even reversals.. :( just questions about what does he think of me lol ..ok rant over .. So, what do you think ? Lol

theboomz

I think you're right Dangala. Also it is likely entirely inappopriate for people to ask what another thinks.
I do those readings for people, just because I have since I started and didn't think much of it. I have a feeling as I make progress, I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to redirect.

Yes or No questions can be done, but I'm in the habit now of wording questions differently. If you make up a deck for Yes, and No answers, or specify some cards for that (I know one reader that writes on her cards, for different cards in the deck Yes or No on some of them), but usually there is a good way to rephrase.

Yes or No cards can be there, but it kind of sets up one's mind for that whole "this is a positive card, this is a negative card" binary system that I don't really think exists in Tarot strongly. Yes, I get that some cards are overall "good" and some are overall something we might not want to face, but it's all about context.

But I'm a person that finds reversals baffling at this point as well, and over time I may get to a point where I can, or must start reading them. I've just seen way too much binary talk around them at this point to embrace it, the whole thing makes me itch. The only interpretation I've seen of a reversal card that I like is "perpetual" when something is perpetual, and ongoing. What I don't like is this, 'well this means the opposite of the upright card.' My hard wiring is going to melt down on that protocol.

Dangala

I think you're right Dangala. Also it is likely entirely inappopriate for people to ask what another thinks.
I do those readings for people, just because I have since I started and didn't think much of it. I have a feeling as I make progress, I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to redirect.

Yes or No questions can be done, but I'm in the habit now of wording questions differently. If you make up a deck for Yes, and No answers, or specify some cards for that (I know one reader that writes on her cards, for different cards in the deck Yes or No on some of them), but usually there is a good way to rephrase.

Yes or No cards can be there, but it kind of sets up one's mind for that whole "this is a positive card, this is a negative card" binary system that I don't really think exists in Tarot strongly. Yes, I get that some cards are overall "good" and some are overall something we might not want to face, but it's all about context.

But I'm a person that finds reversals baffling at this point as well, and over time I may get to a point where I can, or must start reading them. I've just seen way too much binary talk around them at this point to embrace it, the whole thing makes me itch. The only interpretation I've seen of a reversal card that I like is "perpetual" when something is perpetual, and ongoing. What I don't like is this, 'well this means the opposite of the upright card.' My hard wiring is going to melt down on that protocol.

I guess all questions can be answered with Tarot if you know the cards well but Tarot can reveal so much more.. I think I am just in a bad mood .. In regards to reversals. Please don't give up it's a very important part of Tarot it really does make a difference in readings.. It was overwhelming for me at the start for the same reasons you said, now I look at reversals like the cards putting their foot down and saying "hey" you , it's time to pull it together! I look at them like blockages, and advice , but a more alarming advice ..

theboomz

I guess all questions can be answered with Tarot if you know the cards well but Tarot can reveal so much more.. I think I am just in a bad mood .. In regards to reversals. Please don't give up it's a very important part of Tarot it really does make a difference in readings.. It was overwhelming for me at the start for the same reasons you said, now I look at reversals like the cards putting their foot down and saying "hey" you , it's time to pull it together! I look at them like blockages, and advice , but a more alarming advice ..

I think that I am going to end up taking your advice and trying reversals out at some point, I also worry that they are reversed in the deck for no reason. hahah.

tarotbear

I personally think the cards try to talk to the querent and give advice rather than answer what someone is feeling or thinks about them, usually mirroring their own insecurities or feelings as such.. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but Tarot is evolving into something more trivial it seems.

From your example I don't see any difference; what makes a question merely 'advice' and how does that not filter into asking what another person thinks of them ... or how does asking what another person thinks of them not become 'advice'?

Dangala

From your example I don't see any difference; what makes a question merely 'advice' and how does that not filter into asking what another person thinks of them ... or how does asking what another person thinks of them not become 'advice'?

I just find it hard when the cards are trying to advice without answering the question.. Some people are not interested in hearing advice some just want the answer to their question but The cards have a mind of their own.

tarotbear

I think I need you to post a sample question; I don't quite understand how you can be given advice without the question being answered...if you don't mind.

theboomz

I can give an example tarot bear... I want to know if I'm going to be getting my important piece of mail on Monday. you should see the answers I get... ugh.. I just gave up LOL

Dangala

I think that I am going to end up taking your advice and trying reversals out at some point, I also worry that they are reversed in the deck for no reason. hahah.

You know what's funny.. I use to be terrified of reversals until I realised they make it so much easier to read the cards.. IMO there needs to be an upper and lower polarity in readings, you can still find blockages in upright cards but it's more time consuming for me. Everyone is different though, some people have no problems reading blockages in upright cards. It's up to the individual , if you feel you don't need reversals then you probably don't :)

theboomz

You know what's funny.. I use to be terrified of reversals until I realised they make it so much easier to read the cards.. IMO there needs to be an upper and lower polarity in readings, you can still find blockages in upright cards but it's more time consuming for me. Everyone is different though, some people have no problems reading blockages in upright cards. It's up to the individual , if you feel you don't need reversals then you probably don't :)

You are right in that it takes more cards...
so in reversals do you have to make sure that you start wtih an entirely upright deck? I don't get how it works, but maybe the question is silly because how does tarot work anyway? LOL!!