March 2015 Oracle Study: Oracle of Visions

DragonFae

Our March deck is Oracle of Visions by Ciro Marchetti. I originally purchased this deck as I was looking for something with a carnival/circus theme. It's not exactly that but some of the cards definitely fit that theme.

You may choose to use this deck or another similar one (just list what you will be using so we all know)

It has been suggested that we divide up the cards and "assign" certain cards to people to start threads/study etc so that we end up with posts about all the cards. I am game if others are.

There are 52 cards (let me know the set you would like to "sponsor" for lack of a better term.)

Cards 1-10 DragonFae

Cards 11-20 Onyx

Cards 21-30 GoldenWolf

Cards 31-40 ___________________

Cards 41-52____________________

I only divided them into five sets but if we have more people interested in this we can redistribute them.

We do not have to do them in order.....your responsibility as a "sponsor" is to start threads for each of the cards your set. Including your own take on the cards etc.

It will probably work best if you start them a few at a time or else we will be overwhelmed with all the threads but again....if it works better to do them all at once...that is up to you.

Just let me know if you are interested in this part of the process and which card set you will be willing to "sponsor". Thanks!! :cool3::cool3:

Onyx

So I am completely in for a set of cards to sponsor. I think that ten cards is a good number as that will give us some time to focus on each of the cards and then post a thread. I think that one every three days or so is a good fit as that will get us through the entire month.

The cards are, of course, completely beautiful and interesting. I will be looking for symbols, hints at meaning maybe even a bit of a history for the person or scene in the cards. l am at a bit of a loss with this deck as ther is very little to go on in regard to remembering the meaning, name and concept of the card with the image. I want to get that down pretty well this month so that I can identify cards with just the image.

Onyx.

DragonFae

Onyx...look through the cards and see if there is a certain set that you would like to sponsor.

Also these cards do offer few hints at first glance...I plan to "develop" a story that the card tells to help me remember meanings...

Of course the first one I drew over in the readings thread was the "little red riding hood" card which is a simple one to remember and weave a story from......It is the story of FEAR and Danger...it is the story of something lurking in the darkness or in the shadowy parts of the forest. Sometimes it is a story of refusing to look at the shadowy parts of self...and we know those can trip us up as well as any phantom shadow!

Onyx

Looking over the deck I think you can just set me in for the next set. 11-20. All the cards look amazing and there were just a couple that really stood out to me when I looked at them. Nothing major more than any other set but just a bit more.

I am open to any set if there is someone else that wants this one. We start tomorrow and I am way excited to see how these bad boys really work out for me.

Onyx.

someones_princess

I love this deck, I am interested in seeing other people's takes on it. I would like to join in but am not sure about sponsoring any as I am new to deck of the month. :)

DragonFae

someones princess: WELCOME....just jump right in with your thoughts whenever you want. Glad to have you join us. :cool2:

someones_princess

Thanks so much for the welcome! I will jump in! :)

Chiska

I have created a thread to serve as the Oracle of Visions Study Group index. As you create threads on your specific cards, i will add a link to that index.

Also, added a link to the March 2015 study guide.

Have fun!! :thumbsup:

DragonFae

Thank you Chiska :)

Onyx

Yes Three Cheers for the Moderators!!!!!

I love all the work that you all do for us here on the forum!!!!!

Much love and gratitude.

Onyx.