Quest Tarot - Court Cards

sunflowr

Here is where users of the Quest Tarot can discuss the court cards.. interpretations in readings, other creative uses for them.

sunflowr

an interesting use...

I had some fun with the court cards today. I am meeting someone next month whom I only know from watching her on TV when she was a child. She now runs a theatre group and I am hoping to see a play she is in, next month.. and maybe meet her. :) I've been wondering what type of person she is.. what is she like... so I decided to have some fun with the courts and ask the angels (I always involve God/dess and the Angels in all my readings) to pick the card that most accurately describes her. I got the Daughter of Cups. From what I get of it, I take it that she is a loyal person who wants to help others reach their goals (and yep, she directs plays and runs a performing arts center!), and that she loves to teach and give insight to people (yep, she teaches a dance class!), and that she is a rather quiet, calm, and grounded person. OK.. well, I dont know her yet but, if I ever get to, I'll see if the card accurately portrayed her! :) I do think she is pretty deeply religious. That much I know of her. And that she loves the arts, especially musical theatre and dance. I know the Page of Cups (of which the daughter is) is someone who may be involved in the arts. So, that is interesting. :) I think I found a fun way to get to know someone thru the court cards!

dolphinprincess

When I did my first reading with this deck last night, I pulled the Daughter of Cups...

Now, some of you may know, the Queen of Cups is 'my' card.. I pull her so often... I was surprised to see the Daughter, as opposed to the Mother... However, upon further reading, it seems the court cards are in a different order.. and set up a little differently.

In this deck, the Daughter of Cups resonates much more with me than the Mothers... so in many ways, I associate her with my Queens in other decks..

Does anyone know exactly what court card in this deck refers to the the normal court cards in RWS.

Thanks!

Majecot

Dolphinprincess...
The Daughters are the Pages/Princess in RWS. I used to get sooo confused over the different names used from deck to deck, I sometimes lay them out side by side.
This is a beautiful card, I can see how this card would speak to you.

I love how the dolphins appear as a creation of the water, rather than just being in the water.
To me, I see the images of Stonehenge as her connection to the ancient spirits of the past from which she draws her psychic ablilities that allow her to communicate with the dolphins, and other creatures.
What are your thoughts on the face in the sky? Is that her inner spirit? Her Higher self perhaps?.

I assume that Mothers are listed in the Higher Court order because they are the creators of life. Then then the Fathers, Daughters then Sons. I kind of like that :) So the Queens, then Kings, Princess'/Pages then Prince/Knights.

dolphinprincess

Thanks Majecot.. I assumed the Daughter was like the Page.. but in the book it states that some of the archetypes might remind us of a different court card in other decks... may be why i felt a connection with the Daughter in this deck as opposed to the Queen.

My feelings toward the card are very similar to yours.. I did view stonehenge as drawing on a an ancient power.. and the dolphins to me always represent a sort of telepathic ability.. i'm not exactly sure how i feel about the face.. perhaps her spirit guide.. ?

its funny, but i drew the page of imps (wands) twice this week in my halloween deck.. there appear to be pyramids in the back.. and i wrote in my notebook "a connection to ancient past..."..

its interesting that i would see stonehendge in this card - representing something very similar..

In any case - a beautiful card.

(edited.. just realized this is my 300th post.. wow!)

Majecot

I just bought this deck for my friend yesterday. She seemed to really connect with mine. Her impressions of this card were in sync with ours.

Sunflowr, I will be interest to find out if this art teacher will have any psychic abilities as well.

Moonbow

mother of Wands, I think this cards shows immense power,(which it should do, being the creator) what a beautiful card!

Majecot

Mother Of Wands

this card is stunning... I too see imense power here.. She seems to have created all things completely efforlessly. As if with one had she is creating earth and with the other the heavens simutaniuosly.
The shadowy figures in the mountian range I find somewhat erie, along with the face in the other mountian.
I see her as a figure of great ambition, creativity and versatility.

sunflowr

Majecot said:
I just bought this deck for my friend yesterday. She seemed to really connect with mine. Her impressions of this card were in sync with ours.

Sunflowr, I will be interest to find out if this art teacher will have any psychic abilities as well.

Well, I've only met her a few times and havent had the chance to get to know her.. yet anyway. But I do know she is a fundamentalist Christian and I don't think they are into psychic stuff. So I wouldnt get to talk to her about that. :(

Moonbow

Quest Tarot - courts

Hi again

This post was getting a bit lost amid the others and I thought it would be worthwhile talking about the Mother of Cups card.

I usually see the Queen of Cups as the typical wife and mother and the Quest card (Mother of Cups) has all aspects of these attributes. The babies show motherhood but also she is the mother of the earth, growth, nature (as shown by the world in the centre. I also think the 'spark' of light and flashes in the card tells of her passion and love and of course the third eye depicting her intuitive abilities. Why is she kneeling? She is kneeling on a green landscape and to me this shows her connection with nature and growth.

What are your feelings?

Moonbow* :)