Which Crystals Do You Prefer with Tarot?

TarotSpark

Hello,
I wonder which crystals my fellow Tarot enthusiasts can suggest to use when performing readings and storing my decks with? I used Smokey Quartz to store a darker deck; yet my ordinary RWS I could not find a crystal that I resonate with, and I am completely clueless about using crystals when performing a reading...

blackmoonbee

I like to use Amethyst and Clear Quartz. For reading I tend to reach for Amethyst because of it spiritual enhancing properties. For storage or clearing my Decks I use clear quartz.
Smiley quartz or tourmaline are great for protection so if I'm really troubled upset or dealing with some challenging external factors or individuals and doing a reading for myself I hold a smiley quartz.

Sometimes I choose a stone solely because it colors coordinate well with the colors of my deck of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanfeasa

Depends on the deck, i have a piece of Apache Tear with my wild Unknown, pink Quartz with shadowscapes a small copper sphere with pagan Otherworlds, amber with rider Waite, you get the idea.
I choose based on intuition, or sometimes colour palette. I always have a smokey or clear quartz sphere and an apophylite point on the table when I'm reading as well.
there is also a great thread here somewhere.

Tanga

Hello,
I wonder which crystals my fellow Tarot enthusiasts can suggest to use when performing readings and storing my decks with? I used Smokey Quartz to store a darker deck; yet my ordinary RWS I could not find a crystal that I resonate with, and I am completely clueless about using crystals when performing a reading...

:) Use whatever you like imo. Or read up on the metaphysical properties and then deliberately choose which to use. I do both - as it suits my mood.

Here's a thread - I'm post #3, suggesting 3 crystals there and some photos:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269671

And some other threads on Crystals and Tarot:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255639
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269671

And here's another photo of a selection of my "reading crystals":
The point is clear quartz with inclusions (I don't know what they are - but it's very pretty :) ) - the style of the point means it's "female" apparently, the black disk is an obsidian mirror - pocket sized, the skull is smokey quartz, the irregular round with pink/rust colour is a clear quartz with some dirt trapped at the base, the Buddha is Turquoise (it's tiny, 3.5cm high) - he's relevant because Hotei - the 'Happy Buddha' is also the patron of diviners,
the ones with Stars of David are clear quartz.

I don't use them all at one :joke: - I choose - again according to mood.
Usually I'll have 1-3 on the reading table.

Attachments

• ReadingCrystals.jpg
    ReadingCrystals.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 164

Awkward.turtle91

I use clear quartz for my Chakras but for my tarot decks I use, Rose Quartz and amythest. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padma

I don't store any crystals with my decks, but I use a Fire and Ice quartz point (about 3 inches high) nearby when I read.

:)

Shade

I store moonstone with a few of my decks and I like to hold an amethyst when reading to stimulate the intuition (and give me something to do with my hands).

If I'm reading for a lot of people at a party I sometimes keep labradorite nearby as it is said to keep negative energy at bay.

Barleywine

I don't store crystals with my decks but I like having a clear quartz receiver-generator crystal on the table when I read; I like to think of it as "opening the channel." Here's a list of some of the properties I discovered:

RECEIVER-GENERATOR CRYSTAL QUICK REFERENCE;

Symbolized balance between giving and receiving
One of the Power Stones
One of the Shaman Stone
A good Dream Stone
One of the Rescue Stones
Excellent telepathic communication tool
Good energy shield
Great tool for accessing your belief systems
Enhances all forms of communication
Helps alleviate depression and lack of self-esteem
Exceptional energy recharger and transformer
Helps you work with fears of all kinds
Stimulates feelings of self-confidence
A terrific “if you think you can, you can!” buddy
Represents your ability to both give and receive with Grace

dhlesq

In relationship spreads I use an Amethyst point and a Tigers Eye point.