Tarot shop in central Vienna?

delinfrey

I'm flying to Vienna today, returning Sunday. Can anyone recommend any cool Tarot shops? Would like to pick up something local, any hints in that matter would be welcome as well. Is it also possible to purchase the German suited decks from Austria (with acorns instead of spades etc)?

Farzon

I'm flying to Vienna today, returning Sunday. Can anyone recommend any cool Tarot shops? Would like to pick up something local, any hints in that matter would be welcome as well. Is it also possible to purchase the German suited decks from Austria (with acorns instead of spades etc)?
Hi there! I'm living in Vienna! I have to say, I order most decks online, though.

I know two shops that sell Tarot decks. One is located at the upper end of Neubaugasse at number 77. It's called New Spirit. It's the largest shop selling decks I've seen here so far.

Then there's a small shop near Mariahilfer Straße in the Raimundhof passage. It's called Om Namu Narayan and sells a handful of decks.

There used to be decks sold at big bookstores like Thalia, but they nearly don't sell Tarot decks anymore.

For the German cards, maybe you want to get a classical Tarock deck? I don't know of any true Tarot deck with these suits...

delinfrey

Thank you so much!
Went there this morning, picked up an original Kipper and a White Owl lenny, plus a Le Jeu de Destin Antique.

Moreover, I got a Ludy Lescot for 9 eur and a Deva Tarot, the 1986 edition brand new. Super happy!!!