Steampunk Tarot

ghost271

I just got my replacement deck from Amazon today and THE SAME CARDS are 'different' from the rest of the deck but this time they are flush (unlike the last one). EVERYTIME i cut the deck it cuts to one of those cards (8-King of Pent). This is an issue because i always cut my deck into three piles before placing. Anybody elses 8-king of Pent cards like this ?
Ive tried shuffling the hell out of them to no avail. I may need to get some card powder so that none of the cards stick or cling together.

Any suggestions ?

silverwings94

Hi Shadowdancer,
I just order the Steampunk about 1 hour ago and can't wait for it to get here. They are saying around April 26th. I too have ordered ( Around th tarot in 78 Days) Can't wai to take that class. Maybe I will also use the Steampunk instead of the Shadowscapes. What a great idea for getting use to the deck. I hope that the class helps alot in me understanding the tarot beter. Just from reading a little about the book I think its going to be a great study.
Kat
aarrghh. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Hopefully it will be the same time as the book I ordered (Around the Tarot in 78 Days). It may be worth my while in using the two in tandem and really taking my time to get to know the deck. I just sense it has potential to be added to my main reading sub-section of decks.

Davina

shadowdancer

Hi Shadowdancer,
I just order the Steampunk about 1 hour ago and can't wait for it to get here. They are saying around April 26th. I too have ordered ( Around th tarot in 78 Days) Can't wai to take that class. Maybe I will also use the Steampunk instead of the Shadowscapes. What a great idea for getting use to the deck. I hope that the class helps alot in me understanding the tarot beter. Just from reading a little about the book I think its going to be a great study.
Kat

maybe we can spur each other on, and bounce ideas off each other, should we choose to use the Steampunk, and really try and work through the book. :) I know Mark uses 3 decks in the book (Shadowscapes, Legacy of Devine and LoS Universal - at least I think they are the books he uses) but I would rather use a deck I will use regularly for readings.

No pressure - just leave it with you as an idea :)

shadowdancer

UPDATE: deck arrived.

Same damage to the last three of the pentacles suit. They were stuck together. I have written directly to Llewellyn as in fairness to BookDepository, it was not their fault. This damage is obviously something caused at source prior to packaging, and therefore I have contacted the source in the first instance. Shame - but hopefully will be rectified.

I think if anyone else has such issues they should at least let the publisher know - it may just be a rogue batch went out.

ghost271

UPDATE: deck arrived.

Same damage to the last three of the pentacles suit. They were stuck together. I have written directly to Llewellyn as in fairness to BookDepository, it was not their fault. This damage is obviously something caused at source prior to packaging, and therefore I have contacted the source in the first instance. Shame - but hopefully will be rectified.

I think if anyone else has such issues they should at least let the publisher know - it may just be a rogue batch went out.

im going to write Llewellyn as well. The last 7 of the pentacles suit in the last two decks I've got all act like bookmarks in the deck. I cant cut the deck randomly because it ALWAYS cuts on one of them. I showed my wife four times in a row with my eyes closed. The first deck, the same cards were cut out a bit bigger than the rest.

silverwings94

Sounds good to me. During the first week of the class I will be in Gettysburg for vacation. I am going to try to take my laptop with me and hopefully find a wi-fi so I can connect and get the class and emails.
I do have Shadowscapes but I think using Steampunk might be easier. SHadowscapes has so much going on in the cards that I may not be able to do a good job.I also have Legacy of The Divine. Lets at least start with Steampunk and see what happens.

My deck is coming from Amazon so I am crossing my fingers that there is no problem with the cards cause I really don't want to have to contact Amazon or Llyewelen for replacements. and not get them in time for when I leave.
Kat.

maybe we can spur each other on, and bounce ideas off each other, should we choose to use the Steampunk, and really try and work through the book. :) I know Mark uses 3 decks in the book (Shadowscapes, Legacy of Devine and LoS Universal - at least I think they are the books he uses) but I would rather use a deck I will use regularly for readings.

No pressure - just leave it with you as an idea :)

Machelle

I have to jump on this bandwagon. The more I see the cards, the more I am entranced with the deck. This is quickly becoming a must have deck.

ghost271

I just wrote Llewelynn and will let you know what they say. Obviously there was a faulty run that squeeked by QC.

shadowdancer

Sounds good to me. During the first week of the class I will be in Gettysburg for vacation. I am going to try to take my laptop with me and hopefully find a wi-fi so I can connect and get the class and emails.
I do have Shadowscapes but I think using Steampunk might be easier. SHadowscapes has so much going on in the cards that I may not be able to do a good job.I also have Legacy of The Divine. Lets at least start with Steampunk and see what happens.

My deck is coming from Amazon so I am crossing my fingers that there is no problem with the cards cause I really don't want to have to contact Amazon or Llyewelen for replacements. and not get them in time for when I leave.
Kat.

aahh I just realised - you are enrolled on the classes offered for a limited time if the book is purchased? I haven't so will only be using the book at home so to speak.

Good luck with it though - it sounds a great opportunity.

ghost271

I contacted Llewelynn and the replied very quickly. If you experience any issues with the deck please contact their Customer Service department as they are now aware of the problem. They have also contacted the printer to inform them of the printing/cutting issues and to make sure this doesn't continue. Just be forewarned that it looks like a small run made it off the assembly line this way.