Steampunk Tarot

Eeviee

I received my Steampunk Bag today, and yes it is the High Priestess! It should be available on BD now...

That's disappointing. The HPS card is one of the few I really loathe...
To me, the card is making a mockery out of magick and divination. To me, it portrays the HPS as such a steriotypical fortune-teller I almost cholke every time I see it... =\

Cocobird55

I ordered the bag from Amazon yesterday. And I did a reading with the Steampunk for a friend -- it is such a great reading deck!

marimorimo

Blown away!

Just received my deck today. As I checked the cards one by one (no missing cards, thank goodness!), I was blown away by feel and imagery of the deck. When evaluating a deck, I check the minors more than the majors, because usually deck creators put in a lot of effort in the majors while the minors (which make up the majority of the deck) seem like a token effort at times. In this deck, I love ALL the minors.

It's the first time I've opened a deck and have felt nothing but positive feelings for it. My usual reaction is "what a beautiful deck, BUT...." Not this time. Even though I thought at first that the Steampunk theme was just a gimmick, I find no great faults in the execution. I like the classic feel without the cliche of medieval-style imagery. I like that it mirrors RWS, but is not a total clone. I even like the companion book!

One thing I'm not crazy about though: non-reversible backs :(

I have a feeling the Steampunk is going to be a workhorse deck for me.

The best 20 dollars I've spent on a tarot deck in a long while :)

missy

Steampunk

I just received mine and holding it, it imparts such an energy.

The imagery on the cards is so beautiful looking at them in person. The card stock almost seems to shimmer. It does seem a tad prone to chipping around the black borders. Overall a stunning deck. It looks like it will give great readings! :D

Tomsde

The Steampunk Tarot

I just got the Steampunk Tarot and like it very much. Although it has a lot of RWS symbolism, I've found it's style somewhat unique. What do you guys think of the deck? I've not been this excited about a deck for a while.

Eeviee

I bought it on a whim. I felt that it called to me from Barnes & Noble. Since going back and purchasing the Universal Waite, I now wonder if THAT was the deck calling to me.

With that being said, I do not regret my purchase of Steampunk. I have a love/hate relationship with some of the imagry. The High Priestess card really bothers me. I find it a mockery of divination and magick, though many people love this card, I simply do not.

However, it has given me some very insightful and intuitive readings, and Is easy to study alonside RWS Traditions.

If you look back a few pages, http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=172802, that thread.will give you more insight.

Also, there is a Steampunk Study Group: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=164