Life's Purpose: M-Press

M-Press

My partner/family purpose

This one I'm just glad i didn't figure out from my chart 10 years ago...
Sometimes it's better not to know.

Although single at 33, I have a "fully occupied" 7th house.
Sun in Scorpio
Jupiter in Scorpio
Mercury in Sadge
Neptune in Sadge, all happily positioned there.

The placing of the Sun, shows how important partnerships are to me. Of course Sun on scorpio makes that desire and wish double. Venus in scorpio probably makes it harder to get there, since i'm so "hard ro please".

Jupiter in the 7th, i have read, that it suggests a good marriage, but also the possibility of an earlier divorce. One astrologer has told me that if i would have married earlier, I would have divorced. So at least I'm "saved" by now!
I hope that this means that i will NOT follow my parents' patterns...

One of the difficulties I feel I have to overcome in finding the "right one", is looking beyond my Neptune idealistic impressions. I usually see in everyone a "prince". I think I'm overcoming that though. It has brought me a lot of pain...

on the other side though, maybe this will bring the "soul-mate" quality too?

These are things that when they will happen, will really teach me a lot about astrology. it's what i'm looking forward to check out...

Pluto in the 5th, definitely shows fertility, and i believe having children will be a dramatic experience for me (in a good way). It will also bring (i assume and hope), a strong bond with them. Maybe this will pay off the past...

I'm still not into the aspects, and I will leave Saturn for last, since he's a big time player in all this...I'm too scared to face him now...:)

isthmus nekoi

Hi M-Press,

I think maybe the astrologer mentioned early divorce due to Jupiter b/c Jupiter bestows a lot of optimism and therefore might make one more inclined towards easily agreeing to marriage.

As for what Neptune would bring, I would look to the aspects it makes, what planets it touches. If it is conjunct Mercury, who is already detriment in Sag, it would indicate a certain lack of being grounded and methodical in terms of thinking unless other factors in the chart counter it.

To get further into 7th house issues, I would look at the placement and aspects of Mars (ruler of Scorpio).

M-Press

Thank you Isthmus!

I got a real insight from what you said about Jupiter being optimistic VS lucky, as I always call him. I do know a few people with Jupi in the 7th, and in all cases, either they married late, or married-divorced and remarried well.
I can see now, how Jupi of all can bring that situation...

I got some "clues" from Dave on this excersise, of the things I should focus on looking at, in oppose to all the rest.
Will report soon...
Sure fells like a marathon this one!

dadsnook2000

Vacation time

I'll be absent for a week, going on a cruise. I look forward to sharing and reading your posts when I get back. Dave.

M-Press

Have fun Dave on the cruise!
There is cats and dogs raining outside my window, and a storm coming, so a cruise sounds even more magical now!

so, while Dave will be surfing the waves, I'll try and surf the axis...
It seems that the focus of this exercise is different than what I thought, so now I'll try for a different perspective, and see if there are any relevations there.
I'll take it step by step, to help others that are interested to figure it out, and to also learn the "how to" and be able to apply it to any chart. Hope I'll get it right.

On the charts on astro.com, there are two lines that are thicker. These are the axis we have to look at. They go across houses 1-7, and 4-10. We have to look at which signs they fall in, and then the rulers of those signs.
In my case it's Cancer and Capricorn, so their rulers we are talking about are Moon and Saturn.
This excersise will focus on them and the aspects that they make-these will show the parental influences (i hope).

Saturn Conjuncts Asc
Saturn opposes Venus
Saturn opposes Jupiter
Saturn in the 1st house.

Moon squares Sun
Moon squares Mercury
Moon squares Neptune
Moon in the 5th (although if I use "equal" system is on the 4th, and I identify with that usually)

Will try to find a book here, and take from it a couple of explanantions for each aspect above. This will be the next post. Then we'll have to integrate that?
If anyone has any suggestions, please lemmeno. If feels funny that Dave's vacation is just now. means I have to deal with alone, or maybe not????

Moongold

This is excellent reading

Thank you M-Press :)

I am waiting for some more quiet moments to sit down and go through this really thoroughly, and I appreciate your sharing with us.

Moongold

M-Press

Thank you Moongold for not making me feel a ghost of myself!!!!

This astro excersise, has become my "math" class, something i considered challenging at school, and something that took a lot of serious time...

I just looked at Dave's chart again, and compared it to mine, so to find the "way" he looked at it, and he also talks about moon and saturn, but not as rulers but as where they are..
so, i'm a bit confused, or maybe i have just blacked out by looking at my own squares which I will have to analyze now...

So, should I take that what I'll say about the Moon comes from my mum, and what i'll say about Saturn from my "distant" father? I'll take a chance here...

=====Saturn Conjuncts Asc
ambition and hard work, with limits to overcome, conservative, serious, self-discipline, responsible, reserved
=====Saturn opposes Venus
relationship problems, appearing unfriendly and unapproachable
=====Saturn opposes Jupiter
problems in relations, heavy responsibilities, sense of necessity and duty at work

=====Moon squares Sun
conflict between conscious will and inherited habit patterns, emotional insecurity, family & domestic life block creative expression
=====Moon squares Mercury
feelings interfere with reasoning processes, preoccupation with sentimentality stands in the way of more worthwhile mental pursuits, high-strung
=====Moon squares Neptune
confusion, immersed in fantasies, unrealistic ambitions

So, these are the aspects, and they mainly make me stare at the screen...

I have one question, regarding aspects: Is a bad aspect better than no aspect? What does a no-aspect do? doesn't create the push-pull energy, makes the person less driven?

more in a bit...

M-Press

what could these mean...

According to Dave: The Moon represents conditioning learned from the mother, attitudes and emotions, fears, habits and response mechanisms -- all things learned from childhood and often the mother.

so all the moon aspects should relate to what I inherited from my mother? meaning that wil have too her challenges and my life purpuse is to overcome/work on them?

and what about saturn aspects?
does it mean they are from my father?
So I have to learn and integrate harmony to everything? (to overcome the saturn opposition venus)?

I must say I feel blinded at the moment. It is this tricky thing called a chart, that reminds me of a flower that opens and closes according to its own mystical clock, or to what the beholder can take...
Right now not much. I can't even make up anything from dave's clues anymore. Maybe my life purpose for tonight is just to go to sleep! :)

isthmus nekoi

Hi M-Press,

I tend not to want to discuss aspects in isolation, esp when I have not seen the whole chart, but your description of the aspects seem sound to me.

I wouldn't say having an aspect is necessarily better or worse than having no aspect. And I'm more inclined to call an aspect hard rather than bad. I know what you mean though - some aspects are a lot harsher than others.

Also, oppositions and squares are not the only source of 'drive' in a chart - by drive I'm assuming you mean an ambitious feeling, a desire to accomplishment? If so, I'd say a lot depends on the planets in question. I would not view a square b/w moon and Neptune as a driver. Nor any hard Jupiter-Venus aspect. I also don't think drive has to be related to the hard aspects.

M-Press

Hi Isthmus!

actually, by talking about "drive" i was not accurate and I was not talking about the ambitious feeling, but maybe what is more about "setting the move" or "putting power into"? Something like "when nothing happens, there is no place to put attention at", but when a hard aspect exists, that starts some kind of cooking?

And I agree with you about aspects being hard vs bad. I guess it's like the cards... there aren't really any "bad cards", only some that stir things around...! So, maybe stiring is the right word for the above?

My chart is up at the At account. have you looked into Dave's excersise? Have you understood about it something that I haven't? I would like to get it better. I find it a valuable thing "how to do"...