Evil tarot reader on Jane the Virgin

Mittkait

Its very hard to see the cards. It looks like a Lo Scarabeo deck. But so many of them have red backs.

gregory

I don't think so,because of the title scrolls...

Mittkait

As another suggested, it very well could be a mock up using images in the public domain. So that the production wouldn't have to pay copyright fees for the card usage.

Rhinemaiden

To me the deck looks like a pastiche... Hanson-Roberts type banners, RWS type art, with a LOS type back. As someone said here, a prop deck. 'tis a mystery!

But... this thread got me watching the actual show, Jane the Virgin. It's laugh-out-loud funny! Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Gwynydd

To me the deck looks like a pastiche... Hanson-Roberts type banners, RWS type art, with a LOS type back. As someone said here, a prop deck. 'tis a mystery!

But... this thread got me watching the actual show, Jane the Virgin. It's laugh-out-loud funny! Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

I agree :D My partner and I love this show, it's a crack up!

gregory

:D

Me too !

Excuse me; I have to get back to it - thanks, rhine.

Rhinemaiden

The tarot deck shows up in Jane the Virgin season 1, episode 1... about 4 minutes 6 seconds into the show.

I also saw it again in a more recent episode... BUT, it was spread face down on a table in semi-darkness, hard to make out any details. :(