Location cards

aware7

It would be great if anybody could give me ideas about what cards could signify a location such as a theatre. Both Minor and Major Arcana cards would be useful.
Thanks very much!

Barleywine

I'm not sure about individual cards, but the suit of Wands can imply places of entertainment and recreation. One specific additional idea I can think of is that the Page of Cups has been called the "actor" among the court cards, able to easily assume any mask, possibly because he seems to doing a "Hamlet" thing with that fish in the cup. Since he also seems to be standing on a stage, there could be a "theater" implication there. The Magician in his "juggler" mode might also signify an entertainer, as well as the 2 of Pentacles.

You could also look at my "Sundial Location Spread," but it is based more on directions than individual cards. (See post #6).

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=260481

magicjack

The Magician obviously is an entertainer and can act and pretend. Even when he doesn't know something,. he sure can appear to know it all. The TDM especially has him in a theatre invironment.

Grizabella

I guess these could imply a theatre----the Morgan Greer 7 of Cups has always reminded me of popcorn and a movie. lol If you look at the image, the puffy clouds around the cups look like popcorn to me and of course, there's the element of fantasy, sort of, in all the cups.

magicjack

Strangely enough, I just received the Ludy Lescot Tarot in the mail just now and the Page of Cups is on a theatre stage. I haven't quite figured out what exactly he is doing yet. He is either excepting a cup or performing making a waterfall in the cup. A top hat is laying on the floor and a hand coming out of the stage curtain with looks like an eye watching.

EmpyreanKnight

Regarding theater, I remember certain lines from Shakespeare's As You Like It

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

So it may be strange, but The World card suggests theater for me.

Barleywine

Regarding theater, I remember certain lines from Shakespeare's As You Like It

So it may be strange, but The World card suggests theater for me.

And there's also the Globe Theater, if you want to take it that far. :)

EmpyreanKnight

That's a beautiful catch, Barleywine. Based on some of your previous comments (not only in this thread), you must be a dyed-in-the-wool Shakespeare aficionado. :)

nisaba

It would be great if anybody could give me ideas about what cards could signify a location such as a theatre. Both Minor and Major Arcana cards would be useful.
Thanks very much!

Any cards that frame their images with curtains. In different decks, that will be different cards.

Also, any cards where someone is up on a "stage" of some kind: so for example in any of the Visconti-Sforza decks that would be all of the Kings and Queens, who are all on small stages or sitting on thrones that are on small stages.