3 of Wands Clarified by 10 of Cups-Outcome

Soo

Hi Everyone!

I did a potential relationship reading for a friend and was a little confused with the outcome of it. I pulled 3 of Wands clarified by 10 of cups.

I understand each card separately, but not when they are paired together. It sounds like the 3 of wands would be a fresh start and that person has gone the distance to find their reward. So in other words since the 10 of Cups was a clarification, would this mean the reward is long lasting love?

Or the second scenario I came up with was they are just waiting for each other to come together, but they still have strong feelings for each other.

What do you guys think?

rwcarter

Hi Soo,

The 3W can be about sending something out into the world and waiting for your ships to return. When using clarifiers I usually suggest that folks look at what the two cards have in common. You can also look at which aspect of the original card the second card is highlighting or explaining. So if the first card is about waiting, then the second card would be about being happy with what you got back. Together the cards as outcome to a relationship question suggests something that it worth the wait.

Rodney

EmpyreanKnight

The 3 of Wands may mean that if your friend wishes to pursue the other party and wants to make a move, he should craft the perfect strategy to execute it. Just winging it may not be enough, and your friend has to take into consideration not just the object of his/her desires, but the situation itself, their shared past, their interests and what makes them ideal as a couple, etc. This way, the joy and fulfillment promised by the 10 of Cups as a reward for your friend's effort is a near-certainty.

Enlightenment23

The 10 of Cups can be the "fantasy" about having a happy ending. And the 3 of Wands is about waiting wishfully, or desiring someone from afar.

Those two together, I would assume the outcome of both parties wishing for a happy ending romantically, but there's an element of waiting and waiting, and nothing coming about. Maybe someone isn't making the first move. Or maybe someone did make a move, but the effort on the other end isn't matching.

magicjack

I agree with everyone here and the 3 of wands is not only about waiting for your ships to come in. It's really a more powerful card than it looks. It's Aries ruled by the Sun. A lot of energy! I think the guy in the 3 of wands has done his work and his ships ARE going to come in! I see an over abundance of love coming thru maybe even sexual. ( There goes my dirty mind.). Is that too much of a good thing? Crowley calls it Satiety.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey there. First up with clarifiers, you don't read them as a pair. You have to see the similarities between them. That's why they're clarifiers. I learned that from a great reader on this site and it has helped my readings a lot during the very few times I read with clarifiers. So what do the 3 of Wands and 10 of Cups have in common. You already said it: the 2 cards have the theme of waiting in them (3 of Wands: waiting for your ships to come in; 10 of Cups: waiting for your family to come together, or in some decks waiting for a soldier to come home). They're waiting for what they desire to come to them. If that's the outcome then one of them may have to make a move or else they may be waiting for a while. I could be wrong though.

Hope this made sense and good luck!

magicjack

Hey rwcarter and knightofthecosmos, Thanks for "clarifying" what a clarifier is. I never understood what they actually were. I always see people so confused as to what the cards mean when they use a clarifier. I always thought it was strange, so many times the clarifyimg card ends up confusing people rather than clarifying.

Soo

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for your replies! I really appreciate everyone's input on this. It's interesting how clarifires have similarities. I recently started using that if I felt the outcome is a little vague. But, what if clarifires have nothing in common with the first card drawn? Would you take it that the answer is a combination of the two cards?

Thanks so much!

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Soo,

You need to provide feedback to each person who posted trying to help you. A general "Thanks" is not considered feedback. Please refer to the UTC Posting Rules for more info.

Soo

Hi Soo,

The 3W can be about sending something out into the world and waiting for your ships to return. When using clarifiers I usually suggest that folks look at what the two cards have in common. You can also look at which aspect of the original card the second card is highlighting or explaining. So if the first card is about waiting, then the second card would be about being happy with what you got back. Together the cards as outcome to a relationship question suggests something that it worth the wait.

Rodney

That's interesting~ I never considered that outcome but I can see your point of view. Some odd reason I thought that two of cups was a passionate love, but nothing too serious. Thanks!

The 3 of Wands may mean that if your friend wishes to pursue the other party and wants to make a move, he should craft the perfect strategy to execute it. Just winging it may not be enough, and your friend has to take into consideration not just the object of his/her desires, but the situation itself, their shared past, their interests and what makes them ideal as a couple, etc. This way, the joy and fulfillment promised by the 10 of Cups as a reward for your friend's effort is a near-certainty.

That's true! She does want to but is too afraid it will ruin their friendship. I'm not entirely sure if she will ever take the first step.

The 10 of Cups can be the "fantasy" about having a happy ending. And the 3 of Wands is about waiting wishfully, or desiring someone from afar.

Those two together, I would assume the outcome of both parties wishing for a happy ending romantically, but there's an element of waiting and waiting, and nothing coming about. Maybe someone isn't making the first move. Or maybe someone did make a move, but the effort on the other end isn't matching.

Indeed there is a lot of waiting. The other cards I pulled for this reading included the 7 of swords, which made me wonder if someone is hiding something. My friend told me that he doesn't seem to be the type to make the first move, but neither is she.

I agree with everyone here and the 3 of wands is not only about waiting for your ships to come in. It's really a more powerful card than it looks. It's Aries ruled by the Sun. A lot of energy! I think the guy in the 3 of wands has done his work and his ships ARE going to come in! I see an over abundance of love coming thru maybe even sexual. ( There goes my dirty mind.). Is that too much of a good thing? Crowley calls it Satiety.

Indeed there seems to be a lot of energy! I did not know that it was Aries ruled by the Sun. I was told he has Aries in Venus, perhaps that is the connection?

Hey there. First up with clarifiers, you don't read them as a pair. You have to see the similarities between them. That's why they're clarifiers. I learned that from a great reader on this site and it has helped my readings a lot during the very few times I read with clarifiers. So what do the 3 of Wands and 10 of Cups have in common. You already said it: the 2 cards have the theme of waiting in them (3 of Wands: waiting for your ships to come in; 10 of Cups: waiting for your family to come together, or in some decks waiting for a soldier to come home). They're waiting for what they desire to come to them. If that's the outcome then one of them may have to make a move or else they may be waiting for a while. I could be wrong though.

Hope this made sense and good luck!

I did not know that! Thanks so much for that, I will be sure to use that in the future. If neither ever make a move, I wonder if it means that they are both waiting for love to come to them. Or perhaps they are happy with what they have even though they are waiting?

Hey rwcarter and knightofthecosmos, Thanks for "clarifying" what a clarifier is. I never understood what they actually were. I always see people so confused as to what the cards mean when they use a clarifier. I always thought it was strange, so many times the clarifyimg card ends up confusing people rather than clarifying.

Same! So far most of the time I have not had an issue with clarifiers but this is the second time I had to further analyze and think.

Also, the deck I am using is the Shadowscapes.