Congratulations Lynda!

Elven

I just read that your book 360 Degrees of Wisdom (Sabian Symbols) has just been published in Japaneese through Sony!!!

[size=+2]
Big Congratulations Lynda!!
:party:
[/size]​

I wish you all the best and hope to see it on the Number One best seller list very shortly!! Great News!! :D

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Fantastic News

Yippee!

Marina

Brolga

Congrats Lynda :)))))))

These threads are having me thinking... where did I put my Sabian Symbol book? (Technically Francis' ... but he gave it to me!)

Hugs,
Donni

Lynda

Thanks Guys

Hey Elven, Marina and Donni
Thanks for the congrats, it's appreciated. It's lovely to be able to celebrate the release of the book... I have to admit that it can feel fairly empty when a book comes out; there's no celebrations, no news of it, I didn't even have confirmation of it's release. The gulf between publishers, agents and the authors is huge and very impersonal... hence we need cheersquads like your good selves - you're wonderful!

I lived in Japan for some 10+ months 24 years ago. I loved it there and would love to go back. Perhaps with this book being published there, I'll be able to.

Greetings and love from Katoomba
Lynda

Lynda

Donni - your website

Hi Donni
I just visited your website and read through your piece on the loss of your young friend. You said

"There are no longer social rituals for mourning."

This is so entirely true. Also, people who ascribe to the more new age ways of thinking often will negate feelings of grief, thinking one has to stick with positie thinking, or "everything happens for a purpose" or some such thing. Of course, these maxims have their truth, but they often disguise the need for time to mourn and come to terms with what's happened.

Without wanting to sound irreverant (especially, Donni, in the light of your moving story) I think the same can be said of celebrations.... there are no longer social rituals for celebrating - at least most of the time. Take for example what happens when someone gets divorced... I got divorced nearly 2 years ago and nothing happened. I received a notice in the mail. End of story. No acknowledgement of my new status, no acknowledgement of my new life, no nothing. The event passed with only a few conversations to mark it. Nothing. It can feel like a void - regardless of whether there's joy or sadness around the event.

Anyways, all that... just thought that under this Scorpio Moon this morning, it might be an interesting thing to reflect on.

Greetings
Lynda

MCsea

With deep respect of the sadness and feeling this thread has moved into, Id like to put my 2cents worth in,

When 'we' threw out 'religion' in favour of a new age more 'free' and grwon up spriitual awareness -(just one way to describe it) we tossed out the baby with the bath water... Priest and priestesses used to guide 'us' through these ceremonies within the boundaries of religion - where everyone knew had been educated about what was expected, governments wont and dont take this role on - it costs too much, and as far as community goes - you will find this spirit in the country - where community in some regard still exists and is acted upon....

The special people (Priest/priestesses) who are called to such service are so far and few between - religious and other, they are often fighting for their own air so to speak..

Is it up to us as an individual to 'cope' or create our own ritual? is that re-inventing the wheel? what is next... what do we teach our children as the gulf gets wider, at least we still KNOW of ceremony there are many children in the 1st world that have little or no experience of celebrations with the break down of families... anyway... just putting it out there, if it is all in divine order, what is next... do we have a choice?

HUGS TO YOU ALL

MARINA