Mercury Retrograde in Natal Chart

PentQueen

Mercury Retrograde

Deleted post.

dadsnook2000

I noted this un-answered post

I have to see a post go un-answered. I can quote from any of several sources. I do not have any personal charts with r/Mercury at hand without doing some searching. So take these for what they are worth. I don't quarrel with any of these statements, but each chart is different and may need to see r/Mercury differently in those cases.

** Thought proceesses are introspective, deliberate and internalized. Immediate answers and decisions are not good to take.

** Slow communicative responses are likely. So defense of ones ideas may be slow to be expressed.

** Analyze, re-analyze, stop, then review. Sometimes the answers don't come.

** Daydreams are one means of internalizing thought and review. Escapism of a mental nature is another thing.

Keep in mind that the natal Mercury is an important guide. Aspects to n/Mercury give a fuller picture of how that n/Mercury imprint is fixed within you. Transiting Mercury has to work with that imprint.

PentQueen

Thanks for responding! Sorry for the deleted post, I felt I was venting (about my natal mercury retrograde placement) and I'm trying to do less of that these days, haha, so I deleted it, sorry...

Anyway, I was initially wondering about natal Mercury Retrograde, and if subsequent Mercury Retrogrades were especially difficult for those people, with respect to being ignored. I feel as though I'm awake during these retrogrades while many others are asleep, lol. But I have plenty going on in my third house, so I'm starting to realize that communication in general is a big test for me...I'm working on accepting this—the beauty of astrology!

Minderwiz

It's difficult to give other than a very general, and therefore not very helpful, answer, without a chart. So of you really want to explore the issue, post your natal details (not a link to chart). Both Dave and I will find it easier to create the chart and include our own preferred information, especially as creating the chart in software allows manipulation, such as looking at current transits.

I've known people with Mercury (and other planets) retrograde who function better during the retrograde periods. Also, Mercury is not just communication, so if retrogradation is the issue, then Mercury's other roles in your life should be affected.

If you choose to take this further include:

Date of birth in the format day, month, year, eg 10 July 1980

Time of birth - show whether the time is am or pm or use 24 hour clock

Place of birth.

BTW, if you think I'm being a bit pedantic with dates and times format it's to prevent me making an error. The US uses a different format than most of the rest of the world 7/11/1991 means July 11th in the USA and 7th November elsewhere.

I also have a bad habit of missing the am or pm info, much as I try to avoid it. That can give a chart 12 hours out. So I prefer the 24 hour notation to always get it right.