Partial Reading About Future of my Relationship

MysticalTangerine

I've been doing readings about a guy I've been seeing... I have consistently been getting the six of swords as the final outcome, which I have been interpreting as us moving into our own nice safe relationship.

Today I got the 10 of cups as the immediate outcome, the king of cups as his feelings... but then I got the 8 of cups as advice, which really confused me. Of course the final outcome was again the six of swords. For me I felt like everything was good, but I'm not sure how the 8c fits and if it means we should end our relationship, does that mean I've been misenterpreting the 6swords?

headincloud

With the 8C showing up one of you is experiencing discontent with the relationship, if you can relate to the card I'd read the 6S as leaving your troubles behind. If you can't and this relates to your partner I wouldn't rule out the 6S as moving on from the relationship but the other cards don't seem to point at that, perhaps there's just discontent with the way the relationship stands at the moment.

RNDeanna

it depends on what your question is. If your question is about you in the relationship then I would see the 8C as cutting your losses and walking away.
So maybe if you provide the specific question it would be easier to understand what the cards are saying... for example there's a reading where you say what he wants, what she wants, what the relationship wants.. then what he gets, what she gets, what the relationship gets...

Then there's the cards for how people feel about each other, how people see each other... etc. I'm just contemplating doing one of those on one of my own relationships :)

MysticalTangerine

Hi, my question was what would happen between us.

MysticalTangerine

Yes, I'd like some things to change about the relationship... I'd like us to be closer, but he's not sure what he wants yet. What do you think it means that 8c is in advice position? Do I need to leave him in order for him to miss me enough?

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi folks,

First thing, this section (Your Readings) is for complete readings only. Partial readings (you can list up to half of the cards from a larger reading) go in Using Tarot Cards.

Second thing, you must interpret each card you've listed, Mystical Tangerine. Other members are not supposed to help you with this reading until you've addressed each card yourself. You haven't interpreted the Ten of Cups, nor the King of Cups.

Last point, let us know how many cards were in the larger spread and then we can figure out how to deal with this reading. If what you've listed is half or less of the larger spread, we can move this to Using Tarot Cards, after you've given interpretations for the cards you've missed (10 and King of Cups). Or you can go ahead and list as well as interpret all of the cards from the spread, and then it will be fine to remain here.

What do you want to do with this reading? Keep it here or move it to UTC?

Other members, please wait until we have sorted this out before you reply.

Thank you,

Prudence

MysticalTangerine

Sorry for posting in the wrong place...please move it .

For the ten of cups, I feel that it means happy loving times.

For the king of cups, I see him as having feelings but being shy and holding back to protect himself

Grizabella

The 10 of Cups can be an ending, indicating that the relationship has gone as far as it's going to go. Tens are endings so we have to take that into account.

The 8 of Cups means to get your emotional affairs in order. Get it all out of your system and move on.

Then with the 6 of Swords, that means moving far away and/or escaping a situation. Going from indecision to decision and then moving on.

MysticalTangerine

Hmm, sounds like you feel like the relationship is headed for the end... I definitely think it's gone as far as it's going to under the circumstances, but not sure it's over