A Different Take on the Hierophant

Ruby Jewel

It's Geordie for "nothing"! X love you see the relationship as natural and we could grow a garden. X His friends told me he is "quite choosy" and he has been single for a long time until we met - I read the Hierophant as reflecting that he is looking for Miss Right (ha ha or it is my ego coming in!)

If you caught a Pisces fish....you must have something going for you. They are quite particular as well as illusive....and very slippery.

Rachx

You should see the size of my hook [emoji23] In all seriousness though he is a slippery type I can never get a straight answer! X

Ruby Jewel

You should see the size of my hook [emoji23] In all seriousness though he is a slippery type I can never get a straight answer! X

Pisces have a particular mode of self-defense. It is called "disappearance." Answers don't fit well with their "blurry" way of seeing reality....like a fish might see underwater. Are you dating or married?....makes a big difference here....in terms of commitment.

Rachx

Dating - it's a slow burn ! X

Barleywine

It's Geordie for "nothing"! X love you see the relationship as natural and we could grow a garden. X His friends told me he is "quite choosy" and he has been single for a long time until we met - I read the Hierophant as reflecting that he is looking for Miss Right (ha ha or it is my ego coming in!)

With the Pisces-Virgo polarity at work, he's probably just looking for his fated "other half." My early life was a veritable laboratory for the Virgo-Pisces dynamic: four of eight siblings were Virgo sisters and two of my four brothers were Pisces (the other two held down the Taurus-Scorpio duality). The boys were on the vague side (both addictive personalities) and the girls were often overly accommodating (and especially subservient when it came to their relationships). I even invented a new astrological keyword to describe them: "doormat-ty," since they habitually let their men wipe their feet on them. The Hierophant had a field day day getting that bunch hooked up!

Rachx

Wow 4 Virgo sisters - how on earth (no pun intended) did you cope? Bet your place was clean and organised!

Hmmm doormat-ty that's worrying as a dynamic because he does actually like things to be his way and I don't tend to mind (accommodating Virgo) he might get a shock though if he tries to wipe his feet(fins?!) he may discover my inner hierophant. Is that what the hierophant suggests in my readings then sometimes?
I can see how Hierophant may be a commitment type card too. Would that work as a read here aswell?

Ruby Jewel

Dating - it's a slow burn ! X

Pisces are many times slow talking and moving. Watch a fish if you want to know about Pisces. They can be startled into moving fast, but otherwise, they are very leisurely. I agree with Barleywine in saying there is an element of looking for your fated other half. Virgo's tend to want a home and someone to take care of as they are natural nurterers (6th house in the zodiac). Certain males will take advantage of their accommodating natures, but, as a rule, live to regret it when the Virgo is finally finished...and Virgos do have the capability to cut off the emotions when they choose to. Often decide they don't need anyone ultimately. Picasso made the statement that "women are either goddesses or doormats." But, of course, he was talking about all women, not just Virgos. I figure if they treat a woman like a doormat then that is what they are looking for...the way I see it is the problem is in the men, not the women. Virgos are beautiful, intelligent, practical, and feminine souls....usually the most beautiful women in the zodiac, and being earth, reliable. It is interesting that the emotional Pisces is drawn to the very unemotional Virgo....I suppose the opposite that attracts is to be found in that energy. All in all, the fact that you two are Pisces and Virgo bodes well for the relationship. Good luck.

Rachx

Aw RubyJewel that is lovely [emoji4] I won't be treated like a doormat for long that's for sure! Prefer being single to being used. Prefer being independent too - I never got married or anything so that bit about not needing anyone ultimately is very true. My significator is nine pentacles. I totally intuited from the start that I could scare him and overwhelm him easily - this is the fish startled then. That's interesting. It is slow burn - the opposite of previous relationships for me and very interesting because of it! I'm learning a different way of being. Thank you for your kind words and wishes. X

Barleywine

Wow 4 Virgo sisters - how on earth (no pun intended) did you cope? Bet your place was clean and organised!

Hmmm doormat-ty that's worrying as a dynamic because he does actually like things to be his way and I don't tend to mind (accommodating Virgo) he might get a shock though if he tries to wipe his feet(fins?!) he may discover my inner hierophant. Is that what the hierophant suggests in my readings then sometimes?
I can see how Hierophant may be a commitment type card too. Would that work as a read here aswell?

As a Cancer I sort of just absorbed it and didn't react much.

If the Hierophant came between a Virgo card (you) and a Pisces card (him), I could see it as conventional commitment following respectful negotiation, since all three are passive elementally, even-tempered and not overly dramatic. Of the three, Virgo would be the most critical of any arrangement that comes out of the situation. On your other point, I certainly wouldn't see the Hierophant as putting up with any kind of "open-ended" arrangement (that is, one without a shared sense of responsibility and fidelity).

Rachx

Scuttled sideways to get out of the way :)

Yes he is respectful - very I would say. So Hierophant fits with the not being open ended as neither of us would want infidelity (at least I wouldn't and I think given he has been single a long time he wouldn't either)

The Hierophant tends to come out on his side of any readings rather than between us - I feel it influences him more than "us" as a relationship -but of course it will have a knock on effect on "us" if it affects him. Good example would be your "us and them" spread - Hierophant would place as his bookend as it were! What influences him.