My kitschy campy Barbie Lenormand

Le Fanu

I picked this Lenormand up for a song and it was only when I looked closely at the tuck box lid that I saw the name Barbie in tiny letters - I just thought it was a gloriously pink 70s Lenormand deck. But Barbie fashions are so behind the times that I see it was actually printed in 1983.

It is from Italy and has the name Le Carte Della Fortuna on the box. Lovely swirly graphics - pink, decorative, excessive borders - an excuse for more pink. Rainbows, flowers, flowing locks, candified hearts and a lovely mid-70s nostalgic period feel to it (even though it's from the eighties).

I love it. I shall hide the box - you'd never guess it was specifically Barbie - just something blissfully sweet and sickly and dreamy. Dinner party tomorrow with friends who might want readings - I look forward to wowing my guests...

ETA forgot to add; no whip card (too rude!) - we have two fairy tale knights clashing ("duel"). No coffin card either (there is no gloom in Barbie land) - we have a bolt of lightning from candy floss skies instead.

Attachments

• Barbie.jpg
    Barbie.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 322

Teheuti

I've got this deck, too - from tarotgarden.com. I consider it one of the prizes of my collection.

I've pulled it out at a couple of Lenormand events. What fun!

Padma

Candified hearts is right! :bugeyed:

I'd have a hard time doing GT's with this. Hard to concentrate! Must be fun for three card draws, though :) I hope your dinner party guests enjoy it!

Barleywine

There's only one fitting expression for this, from the Frank Zappa lexicon of the late '60s: "Wowie-zowie!"

reall

OMG! *fangirl* and lol for no gloom!^^:))

decan

Well, words fail me here, what a deck! :D

Tag_jorrit

wtf omg