Color Yellow in the Pentacle Court Cards

Zephyros

It may not be feasible to look for a consistent pattern of color symbolism in the Rider-Waite.

It isn't, my thesis proved wrong. They just didn't follow any set esoteric plan in making it, except with things that were very obvious (the Fool's yellow) or important (the two of cups' red lion).

Richard

It isn't, my thesis proved wrong. They just didn't follow any set esoteric plan in making it, except with things that were very obvious (the Fool's yellow) or important (the two of cups' red lion).

Yes. Apparently the original Rider-Waite plates were destroyed during the London Blitz. Even if we had the authentic 'original' deck, the colors might not be consistent (for various reasons).

The Albano-Waite version uses the original line drawings but has a more consistent esoteric color scheme. This would be a better way to go for anyone interested in color symbolism, in my opinion. Many people actually prefer the Albano-Waite, although it has gotten some bad press, which I believe is unjustified and based on a misconception of what Frankie Albano was trying to do.

Zephyros

The Albano-Waite version uses the original line drawings but has a more consistent esoteric color scheme. This would be a better way to go for anyone interested in color symbolism, in my opinion. Many people actually prefer the Albano-Waite, although it has gotten some bad press, which I believe is unjustified and based on a misconception of what Frankie Albano was trying to do.

Alas for the BOTA minors! It could have the perfect RWS-inspired deck, colors and all, were it not for them!