Picky Faeries

bershka

Hiya everyone,

I had a call to purchase the Fairies Deck and LS Cards last week but couldn't purchase them because I had to be overseas the following day.

When I came back yesterday, something called me to purchase Fairies deck, but not LS cards.

I was a bit frightened at first, but as I started working through the exercises in the book and after doing my first reading with fairies, I really feel great and somehow, I feel they will help me a lot only if I allow them to help me!!

I thought it was interesting in reading everyone's stories with the Fairies. I'll make sure I will take great care of them and communicate with them a lot :)

thorhammer

My Faeries had words with me the other day :D.

I've got them housed in a beautiful bag that mooncat2 sent me in an exchange (they love it, so far, cross fingers). It's browns and khaki greens, with gold accents and a leafy paisley pattern, and lined on the inside with gold-spotted chocolate brown. It's a bit snug - or it would be for me, but apparently they like being close to each other *shrug*.

But the other day I put them in head first, by accident. Oh, the clamour! "No, noooo!" they screeched! They wanted to be "up" the "right way" :D. Luckily, I don't read reversals with this deck (and this experience is another reason not to - imagine the confusion!), so they're all facing the same way.

Just wanted to share. :)

\m/ Kat

Faolainn Storm

Reading over this thread, I was surprised at first by how well my faeries took to the bag I made for them. However, after a minute I pulled it out of my current decks bag and took a really long hard look at their bag. It is mildly hideous when I really consider it.
The front panel is lime-ish green with a flower print in purple-pink tones, the back a similar green (but not the same) with a large white leaf print, while the front is edged with emerald green with white dots and white flowers. The flap is a paler green with a small white leaf print, with a line of white lace along the bottom edge, and lined with a white/purple flower print. The main bag is lined with white satin (of all things)! (I personally prefer natural fibres for my decks, but they obviously like the feel of the satin)
However, when I think back to when I made the bag, I pulled scrap after scrap of fabric out of my collection, and without really thinking about it quickly narrowed the choices down the ones that make up the bag, even though I had originally intended it to be in brown/gold/dark green tones, to match the backs. And as the deck was sitting on the table beside me at the time, I must assume that the faeries were influencing my choices in some way, as no sane person would put so many clashing flower prints together in such a small bag ;)
Yet when I pulled the deck and asked if they liked their bag, I got the fee lion. Which I interpreted as no to start with. Then I looked again at his face and realised he was saying, "How dare you even ask? Of course we do, we wouldn't be here if we didn't."
So other than having to live with an unattractive bag, I guess I'm rather lucky. Especially considering what others have said about unhappy faeries!

Faolainn Storm

Jewel

~giggles~ yep that is the faeries alright. Mine seem settled for the long haul in the bag with Mickle's "brother" on it *LOL*, and luckily they have not had me pruchasing anything else for them in a while. My faeries seem to really like to make me buy things for them, and when they are done with whatever, they are trully done with it. Their latest fettish has been to want to "keep" the extra cards that baba sends within the baba bags. They relinquish them after a while, but when I get a new baba bag, I can always feel them peeking over my shoulder and deciding if the card needs to stay with them for a while .... and yes when they keep a card I am to shuffle it witin the deck, not taking it out until THEY say so *LOL*.

Faolainn Storm I would love to see the bag they made you make! ~giggles~

Faolainn Storm

I post a picture in a couple of days, once I can get access to Mum's digital camera (she's away at the moment). Then all I have to do is figure out how to upload it and link to it, and the rest.
I'm not all that tech savvy, and my attempts at technological advances often seem to be attacked by the Faery of Computer Disaster! Maybe if I tell them that is is all about them, they'll let me do it with a minimum of trouble. :p

FAolainn Storm

faerylvr

Mine want to be nekkid right now. They don't want the bag they were in... *sigh*... and I just got a beautiful bag from Marion, but they don't want that either... they gave it to my vampire tarot, telling me the beautiful red silk was just made for Vampires. My faeries are out running free right now... as I use them through most of the day that is not so much a problem, however I go back to work tomorrow... and they will be alone with the dog... not so good. The havoc they could all cause.

I will have to wait until payday though to see if I can buy a bababag they might like... or not.... they are glaring at me as I type this... well maybe after the traveling deck goes on to Kahlie they will settle back down.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Awwwwww!

This thread is so so precious! :laugh: There have been times I have put a deck in one bag only to think, I need to move them to another spot and let them breath. Then I would make a few more bags to wonder if they would look good in one of them?

LOL.
Then I went on a scarf making binge. I did two for me and then a thought hit me to gift a twin. Then I had to make myself stop cause I have needle pricks to one finger on my left hand! Owie! :laugh:

I am selling some sweet decks that have lived with me very well. I was silly and tried to remove them from their bags. Oh so goofy was that one! They wanted to keep their bags. How could I say no?

I've no Fairy decks to bicker and argue with, but I do understand how they feel about wanting their home to be "just right!" I am still playing with the Housewife boxed set and the two different shades of blue gingham to doodle with for it!

:D,
Barbara

bershka

I have been playing with my faeries for a month and so far, they have not been picky with me at all.

I hope they will stay loving for a long time :D

autumnsdaughter

The faeries gave me a gift today... though I had to pay for it! :D

I went to a gem show (as I posted in a thread on the crystals/herbs forum) and just as I was looking at some quartz wands, the owner put out another quartz wand that just glowed! It has wonderful clarity, and loads of rainbows... I had to get it. I got it home, and looking at it more closely, I realized that the rainbows in the middle are in the form of a faerie woman!

So, yes, they can be particular, but their friendship is so worth it! :love:

Jewel

Faolainn Storm said:
I'm not all that tech savvy, and my attempts at technological advances often seem to be attacked by the Faery of Computer Disaster!
~chuckles~ I know what you mean, I am just like you in that sense. And by the way, that faerie you were talking about ... that would be G. Hobayah, he likes to mess with electronics and appliances.