Transit Pluto opposite natal Venus experiences?

LittleOne

Transiting Pluto is directly opposite my natal Venus. I was told by an astrologer that this brings a soulmate/karmic love that will be life changing - good or bad. Well, in the months leading up to exact opposition and now that they are sitting directly opposite I have had absolute niltch nada nothing. Has anyone else had this transit manifest as absolutely being alone? Am I just impatient?

MasterJm

Transiting Pluto is directly opposite my natal Venus. I was told by an astrologer that this brings a soulmate/karmic love that will be life changing - good or bad. Well, in the months leading up to exact opposition and now that they are sitting directly opposite I have had absolute niltch nada nothing. Has anyone else had this transit manifest as absolutely being alone? Am I just impatient?

I have the Pluto transit square Venus natal now. First square now. That kind of aspects take a length of time to "work". For me "works" already. I separated recently and i speak already with another woman, but it's very soon to know the development of the new relationship. I would tell you that Pluto will destroy totally every broken down relationship you already have and propably you will live a great new passion. Some times the opposition ιnvolves too many open conflicts though. It's one of the most competitive relationships. Power games, struggles for money etc. The square is experienced more as internaly conflict and tension. You have to be very careful with your finances. Μany people meet a new partner with Pluto-Venus transits, even hard aspects and i know many cases that the new partner is very powerfull and supportive, making them to feel secure, but i know other cases that the new partner is proven totally posessive, jealous and destructive for them. Co-dependency relationships are also very possible. Your Venus sign is Cancer, i suppose that you will feel much more vulnerable, insecure and maybe even exposed than in the past, but i intuit that if you will meet a new partner, he will be very powerfull. Consider also the feminine persons in your family, mother for example, and their health issues or the possibility to live great transformations and events in your home, or even confilcts between your parents. Don't forget that Cancer/Capricorn is the parents axis too.

MasterJm

I separated also a few years ago when Pluto transit squared my natal Moon and was much more painful and dramatic experience, because then i felt that i lost my nest and i was feeling like a homeless child (Moon). Now with Pluto-Venus, it was much easier, i gone first to live, because i was feeling dead, without passion for a long time, and it was less painful and very liberating. So, all these Pluto transits are very cruel for someone who wants to remain in a relationship or a certain status quo, but they are very forcing for someone who wants to start a new vivid and passionate relationship with a new man/woman. I suppose he/she has to pay the price of course.

LittleOne

That was a good pick up on looking towards female family members, finances and home life. Been a little too focused on the romance side. I have started to feel that maybe I'm a bit Pluto immune... My chart is ridiculous. Capricorn is my ascendant, 1 degree. All my major personal planets are Cardinal. Everything is whopping me and has been for half a decade. Cyclical tearing down of life structures and rebuilding - probably why I had been clinging to stability more than I ever have in my life, it's so rare these days. Power struggle... Tell me about it!

Anyway, my mother could do with far more of my help and I'm actually visiting her in a couple of days. I have been embroiling myself in finance stuff that I'm just not that sure of too.

MasterJm

That was a good pick up on looking towards female family members, finances and home life. Been a little too focused on the romance side. I have started to feel that maybe I'm a bit Pluto immune... My chart is ridiculous. Capricorn is my ascendant, 1 degree. All my major personal planets are Cardinal. Everything is whopping me and has been for half a decade. Cyclical tearing down of life structures and rebuilding - probably why I had been clinging to stability more than I ever have in my life, it's so rare these days. Power struggle... Tell me about it!

Anyway, my mother could do with far more of my help and I'm actually visiting her in a couple of days. I have been embroiling myself in finance stuff that I'm just not that sure of too.

Power struggles...for money for example or sexual issues, i don't know your age or status, but it could be also a older partner or a paternal figure who could play a important role in your life now. Nobody could see pictures in Astrology, just tendencies, and we need to look also Secondary Progressions, houses, rulers and many other things to have the whole picture. A friend of mine met a important man much older than her when she had the square and nobody expected that they would were partners until now. She has not problems i think, because he supports her financial and she is feeling very secure. She could be the loser though. She could have been supressed, lost all of her money or even raped. Those aspects are great chance for gain and power or danger for destruction because limitless passion. In the most cases lust and strong sexual desires, not death of sexual desires. Hovewer, nobody knows how exactly will work, it depends on the synastry.

Minderwiz

I'm in my sixty seventh year. In that time Pluto has transited, either by conjunction, square or opposition every single planet in my chart (including itself) Of the conjunctions, it's 'had' Saturn, Neptune, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter, not to mention my Ascendant and IC. It's squared natal Mars, natal Pluto and natal Moon and it's opposed natal Uranus and natal MC. For Chiron users, it's also transited natal Chiron by conjunction.

That should mean that I have experienced around twelve significant major transformations in my life.

Now I have had transformations, time when I can look back and say, my life really changed then, for better or worse. I looked at the transformation which produced the most misery and is still having an effect 15 years on. Where was Pluto? Nowhere. Well it was in Sagittarius minding its own business. It was making no major aspect to any of my planets, nor had it made one for some years, nor would it make another for some years. It was well out of the picture.

Looking at the transformative experience that produced the most happines (still having an effect after nearly 38 years, Pluto was nowhere to be seen. It was a similar situation to the first one. No aspect and no aspect for some years before or some years after.

I even looked at a third one, where I took up the career that I was in for the next 40 years, without that move I wouldn't have married my wife, and I wouldn't have had my daughter. Where was Pluto - Nowehere. No major aspect to any planet or point, safely out of the way, minding it's own business. As that event change me from a career path I thought was certain and was making plans for, it is probably the most important event in my life. No Pluto.

Dave (Dadsnook2000) made a good point that the sensitivity to Pluto transits may have something to do with it's natal position. By quadrant systems Pluto is in my twelfth natally and so nicely out of the way. By Whole Sign Houses, it's in my first house and should really be a significant entity. Mars is also shifted and I can see the Mars influence quite clearly. But not Pluto.

Pluto went back and forth over my Ascendant when I was six, no effects that I can remember, although I did start to grow out of attacks of tonsilitis a year or so later. By the time a major change came along, No Pluto.

So maybe I'm just not sensitive to Pluto and that's why I fail to connect to others who see it as such a major influence in their lives. I certainly noticed no significant transformations in my adult life when Pluto was transiting, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter.

The other explanation is that Pluto transits don't always hit. That fits the idea that transits are triggers, only when there's a supporting direction or solar return. That may be so, but it does seem odd that Pluto just isn't associated with transformation in my life. Nor does it seem that interested in my sex life, as it transited Venus without leaving any transformational effects. :)

kalliope

I think Minderwiz's point about transits being triggers is an important one. I found it very enlightening when I learned this idea that unless there is additional support for something happening (by profections, solar returns, primary directions, secondary progression, whatever your favorite methods), then transits can pass on by without any notice. Don't some people say that you need at least 2-3 examples of an event or energy for it to manifest much in observation?

It's fun anyway to ponder one's sensitivity to Pluto transits, though. The only one I've noticed is when Pluto was conjunct my sun. It was a time period when my identify as "the smart and academic one" (in many ways it was my only sense of self definition at the time) was destroyed and I ended up withdrawing from college late in my 3rd year or early in my 4th, causing all sorts of personal and family drama and inner turmoil. So that was a period of transformation, sure.

Natally, Pluto is in the 12th by whole signs, or 11th by quadrant division, so that's similar to Minderwiz's out-of-the-way placement. It applies to a sextile w/ Venus (only 4 seconds away, closest in my chart) and also to my Sun (about 5 degrees away). Was my Sun more sensitive to Pluto because of that natal aspect? If so, you'd think my Venus would suffer from transits even more. Maybe I should go look at past transits to Venus to see if they're relevant. I haven't noticed anything big from Pluto since that big 1995-ish time period, but then again I really haven't been looking so hard.