Wizard's Pets Tarot

Mageborn777

When my (then) 9-year old grand daughter asked me to 'make' her a tarot deck, I simply couldn't refuse. Thus began a Journey where by I went back 30 years to revisit a series of characters that brought me out of a dark time and reminded me to find the silver lining.
What finally emerged is a traditional 78-card tarot modeled closely after the RWS. The Swords are populated by Dragon-Slayers. Elves portray the Wands. Pentacles are filled with Dwarves. And Cups by the Pirates and Mer-folk that live by the sea in the magical land of the Wizard's Pets.
Originally there were 4 main characters. They have grown and evolved into an entire country where diversity is encouraged and Dragons are people too.
The Courts are all dragons of specific colors dedicated to the suit. The Major Arcana is a blend of characters from the e-books and Dragons. The violence has been toned down, and the naked characters are all dragons.
Yes, it was originally intended for children. However, since its creation (soon to be printed) many older 'kids' have fallen in love with the art. Not a single person has grabbed a helmet and ducked under the table when the Tower appears. Most of the comments on Death have to do with 'Aw, that is so cute? Is that girl flirting with the little dude on the pony?'
The deck is filled with Gremlins, with the exception of the Courts. The Gremlins are the Silent Watchers who remind us to Observe what is around us and perhaps gain a different perspective.
You are welcome to join us on our next big tarot adventure. We would love to have you!

Attachments

• 17_16_Tower_wm.jpg
    17_16_Tower_wm.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 269

Mimini

I just have to say that this is sooooooo cute!!!!! :D

AJ

quite an undertaking, well done for completing it.

Thoughtful

From someone who draws the Tower card and sighs oh no, l looked at your Tower card and actually smiled. Says what it has to say but in a manner that says hold on to your seat belts we are in for a ride here BUT we will have a safe landing, so long as we remember to open our umbrellas and parachutes.
Inspired l love it.
Can we see a few more cards please, please :)

GryffinSong

Adorable!!! Would love to see a few more. :)

ETA: there's a website ... simply search on wizards pet tarot and you can see all the cards.

Thoughtful

Thanks for info GryffinSong, going straight there now :)

Alta

Hi Mageborn777/Pamela,

You may post whatever links you think appropriate.

Your deck is adorable!

Alta

Mageborn777

Thank you!

Thank you Alta. I do appreciate your kindness.