Update: Lux Ferous Tarot

FionaBenjamin

This deck has gone through a couple of revisions in the last year, but we have really come together with it. This is a collaboration between myself, Fiona Benjamin, the author, and my friend Nghia Hoang, the artistic talent behind it.

Lux Ferous means to bear the light, which this deck intends to do. The deck was originally a journal of visions authored by Fiona Benjamin, which later was artistically brought to life by the talent of Nghia Hoang. The concept is based on uniting the deities of light and dark, from multiple cultures and spiritualities, to truly bring back the divine to divination. Saint Joan of Arc portrays the Fool, abandoning all else, to fight for her beliefs. Greek Goddess Artemis rises as the High Priestess, illuminating the night darkness as she gazes into a book, revealed only to her. In The Tower, we witness the fall of the Lucifer, the most beautiful and favored of all the angels.

Unveil even more secrets in 2016, upon the it's release.

The Fool
The Magician
The High Priestess
The Empress
The Devil
The Tower
Ace of Pentacles

Facebook: Lux Ferous Tarot

The deck has been featured in the Tarosophist International Magazine (June 2014 edition) and the Tarot Lovers' 2015 calendar.

Thanks for the past year of support for those that have been rooting me on. :) We finally came up with a name and a full fledged website will be up soon!

rwcarter

Thanks for the update!

Is the deck being published by one one of the major publishers or are you self-publishing? Will the cards be untitled and unnumbered as in your samples? Will there be black borders? Will there be a chance to pre-order the deck? Will there be a full companion book or just a LWB? (I'm guessing the Magician is Merlin, although he isn't really a deity. But it would be very nice to have some sort of author-written material that explains what's being shown in the cards.) Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but inquiring minds and all that. :)

For those of us who aren't on Facebook, please pop updates here at Aeclectic.

Love the deck's name, BTW!

FionaBenjamin

Thanks for the update!

Is the deck being published by one one of the major publishers or are you self-publishing? Will the cards be untitled and unnumbered as in your samples? Will there be black borders? Will there be a chance to pre-order the deck? Will there be a full companion book or just a LWB? (I'm guessing the Magician is Merlin, although he isn't really a deity. But it would be very nice to have some sort of author-written material that explains what's being shown in the cards.) Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but inquiring minds and all that. :)

For those of us who aren't on Facebook, please pop updates here at Aeclectic.

Love the deck's name, BTW!

Questions are awesome!
I don't want to name major publishers yet, but let's just say I do have two major publishers that expressed interest, but it will wait until the deck is 80% completed.
I was hoping to self-publish FIRST, to do a limited edition first print, with a limited edition leather bound book filled with rituals, poetry, chants, etc. from occultists who work with the deities that are presented- as before each card is created, I run it through respected members of the occult community that openly work with them.
The cards will be numbered and named.
The borders will not be decided until the deck is completed. We plan on doing both border and borderless.
There will definitely be a chance to pre-order the limited edition version... 500 copies.
The Magician isn't a deity but rather, shows the magician as us, the adept. Proudly wanting to work our magic, wanting to express what we know, trying to to find our place among the deities (as another point of 'Lux Ferous,' to bear the light, also holds the meaning of self deification) and it serves as a reminder to keep balance. He places his feet upon the altar, because he doesn't know any better, but whether it is a sign of not caring or just plain ignorance, is up to interpretation... Humans are flawed, as are the deities, but we have a long way to go to reach their high level of vibration. (And now I'm starting to ramble lol!) The limited edition anthology will have a lot more information about this.

littlethings

I really like the cards you've shown here and can't wait to see more. Best of luck! :)

rwcarter

I'm all over a limited edition! :thumbsup:

GlitterNova

These look beautiful, I'm not surprised publishers are interested :) If you're able to pull it off, a borderless edition would be amazing!

FionaBenjamin

Thank you for all the support, everyone. :)

seedcake

I'm checking this deck from a while. I really love your approach to it, art is purely amazing. I read your blog and FB page regularly. Wish you all the best and I hope I'm going to obtain your deck right after publishing.

Much love :love:

baylys

Count me in for a LE deck and kit as well.

VGimlet

Have been hoping to see more of this deck in progress - I would possibly be interested in a LE as well. :D