Full moons

GoddessArtemis

Well, in some ways, I always knew I was a "lunar" person of sorts--I am a night person, anyhow, and I'm more at peace at night than I ever am in the day (Sun--baah!)

I came across an interesting article on the Moon and people's moods and behaviors...and I believe the moon does affect more people than many realize: http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/..._moods_your_health_your_sanity_your_fangs.htm

GA

P.S. I'll be darned if I'm not crying out of nowhere right now. I hate when this happens, especially when I can't quite pinpoint the reason for the tears--makes me feel "looney".. :confused:

spinningspider

As the moon approaches being full in all its glory, our entire backyard is lit up as if we have a street light back there...but with an ever-so-much-more-pleasing glow! As for me, all through my life, I've been tuned in to the moon and vice-versa.

One interesting thing that happens, in addition to general moodiness, is that I tend to run into wall, poles, bed posts, file cabinets, you name it...on or right before a full moon. Over the years I've gotten savvy about it, knowing it's coming so I can be a tad more careful. But if my attention wavers or I simply get caught up in the events of the day...Smack...on the knee, head, etc.....
Anyone else experience this?

sarai21

I drop things and stumble over my words. I also misread text quite a bit.

Tara2007

I find that a couple glasses of wine have a stronger affect on me around the time of the full moon. I'm not one who can hold her liquor too well anyway, but even wine with food can send me flying if I forget it's the full moon. I noticed it a couple of years ago, but the thing is, that at this time I tend to get moody myself, and the idea of a drink to unwind is so much more inviting.

We are all connected in ways that we may never understand, ourselves, the Earth, all creatures on it, and all things in the heavens.

I hope the full moon in Scorpio brings good transformations in all your lives!

Love & Light

dadsnook2000

An on-screen almanac

There is a free-ware product called Lunabar (http://lunabar.org) that places two icons on your Windows taskbar -- a moon phase icon and a moon sign icon. Clicking on these pops up an almanac that provides multiple screens access with Sun information, Moon and moon cycle information, Sun-Moon rise, set, void of course, etc. information. Its very useful. Dave

spinningspider

Thank you for the link, Dave. The lunabar free-ware is different from the moon free-ware I'm using on my blogsite.

Well, true to form, I did not come out unscathed from this full moon. Actually it happened early this morning...but I suspect my accident is moon-related, nonetheless. My left arm is all scraped up...rather badly I'm afraid. I slipped whilst climbing on the dew-soaked rocks of one of my gardens. I had brought my three pots containing just-sowed nasturtiums outside to catch the sun. They were sown last night just as it was getting dark. Anyways, when I slipped trying to place the posts on the largest of the rocks, I had one of the pots in my hands. Luckily, my face got hit with only dirt and not the rocks! Good thing skin heals!!!! Could-a been worse....

Wonderwoman

This Blue Moon...

Dave,
I just learned some very interesting info from Asradel regarding the Blue Moon, will this Blue Moon be more charged with unusual happenings, events?
What recommendations do you have for a novice like me regarding this specific Blue Moon?
Thanks in advance

Ww :)

dadsnook2000 said:
There is a free-ware product called Lunabar (http://lunabar.org) that places two icons on your Windows taskbar -- a moon phase icon and a moon sign icon. Clicking on these pops up an almanac that provides multiple screens access with Sun information, Moon and moon cycle information, Sun-Moon rise, set, void of course, etc. information. Its very useful. Dave

Star-Willow

I'd be very interested in knowing about June 30th 2007 *Blue Moon* as it falls on my Birthday :D Will I be more nutty than usual? :laugh:

The crowned one

How about the Proxigean Spring tide? Does that have a greater effect on some?

One of the hospitals I work at has a heavy dementia ward (all types) and I can tell when a full moon is here just by the energy levels of my patients, they go through the roof, their action and behaviors are about the same, but exaggerated and so much energy. They all sleep for extended periods of time 2 days after one.

dadsnook2000

Blue Moons

These "phenomena" are not actually special in any way as they are just a moon phase that occurs twice in a calendar month. The calendar is an artificial construct that serves as a social convenience for people to regulate their schedules and mark the passage of time. There are a dozen or more "mainstream" calendars in use today by various cultures. For these other time-keepers, this same Moon may not be "blue". There is no astrological significance to a blue moon as such although there can be, at times, a full moon that is conjunct a planet or a star which in turn is located at a sensitive point in someones chart.

The various month's Moons have been given certain attributes in literature, many based on agricultural or hunter-gatherer ways of life. We have a "blue" moon this last day of May, we have a "rose" moon near the end of June. Books and writers are like that. Dave