Book of Law Study Group 1.13

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
The Great Work involves establishing contact with our Star/Hadit (for which we need the intermediary, HGA) so that we can regain our sense of connection to the whole. At the same time it allows us to know and fulfil our unique individual purpose, the reason why we incarnate.

You are very intuitive. I have been feeling disconnected. It's good to know that it's tempoary.
Thanks for the link.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
You are very intuitive. I have been feeling disconnected. It's good to know that it's tempoary.
Feeling lost and disconnected are normal phases of self discovery. After all, if you were already "found" you wouldn't need to go looking. But reaching up to HGA in Tiphareth is a big task and a long journey for most.

But before Tiphareth there's Yesod, the reflective sphere of the moon and the subconscious. Intuition is the first point of contact with the HGA. It's where the first realisations of the True Will occur.

It's helpful to imagine the Yesod part of yourself as a mirror. It's a mirror that is capable of reflecting the light of the sun (Tiphareth) above it. But, because of the personality accretions, it's a dirty mirror. Ritual work and meditation are ways of polishing your "inner mirror". The longer and harder you polish, the more light you are able to receive. But it's a gradual and slow process for most people, my self included. ;)

Aeon418

It's interesting to note that in the holograph manuscript verses 12 and 13 appear to be one whole verse. Also the original manuscript of chapter 1 is un-numbered. The specific verse by verse numbering was added by Crowley before Liber Legis was printed.

http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0031.html?num=2

Edit: I wonder if 12 and 13 refer to the Stele as a whole? The children below, RHK & AfnK, and the "above" and "within" up top.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
But reaching up to HGA in Tiphareth is a big task and a long journey for most.

Ah, it's the study of Tiphareth that gets me silly dizzy. Or sillier, dizzier. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
But before Tiphareth there's Yesod, the reflective sphere of the moon and the subconscious. Intuition is the first point of contact with the HGA. It's where the first realisations of the True Will occur.

It has occured to me recently that I had lost trust in my intuition, I just couldn't see it, and wouldn't have believed anyone who told me I had. But it is very clear to me now.

Aeon418 said:
It's helpful to imagine the Yesod part of yourself as a mirror. It's a mirror that is capable of reflecting the light of the sun (Tiphareth) above it. But, because of the personality accretions, it's a dirty mirror. Ritual work and meditation are ways of polishing your "inner mirror". The longer and harder you polish, the more light you are able to receive. But it's a gradual and slow process for most people, my self included. ;)

What a wonderful visual.

AW

Beira

This is probably the line that prompted me to look forward in this book and try to actually understand it, after having read it..
I am very comfortable with a goddess that share my joy and enjoyment, so here I am, I am glad to have got to know thelema and I come forth to take my fill of love!