CBD Tarot color "temperature"

BarbarellaE

Hello, all!

After reading all of the great information on this forum about the various Tarots de Marseille available, I really want to buy the Conver Ben-Dov deck. It looks to have been made with great love and attention to detail. The one question I have about this deck before purchasing is this: is the color temperature "cool" or "warm"?

Oftentimes, color doesn't come across accurately on an LCD monitor panel, but from what I can see, the CBD Tarot appears (like the Jodorowsky-Camoin) quite cool. In particular, the light blue seems quite similar to the cyan one would see in the main 16 colors of an EGA palette, likewise the yellow, red and green. In contrast, my Thunder Bay photo-reproduction of the 1960 Camoin Bicentennial seems slightly warmer, and my Fournier TdM is very warm. Again, I haven't seen the CBD Tarot cards in person, and so I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has this lovely deck.

Thank you so much!
Barb

feynrir

Hi Barb!

I think I would confirm your suspicions that it is quite cool. It actually seems to be the coolest TdM that I've come across/owned; the François Chosson by Yves gives it a run for its money though simply due to color palette.

Color palette and crispness of line combined though, makes the overall feel of the CBD rather unique. The cardstock is also to die for :)

I hope I helped!

agviz

I agree it feels cool, and a bit pastel. The latter is what stood out for me the most when I first saw it.

Barleywine

I don't own the physical deck but I have the CBD Pro app on my 7th-gen Kindle Fire, which has extremely accurate "true" colors. The greens strike me as "lime-y," the reds and yellows are "warm-ish," the flesh tones are a light, uninflected beige, the blacks are appropriately inky, and the two shades of blue are very slightly "cool-shifted." With the strong, crisp white backgrounds, the overall effect is pleasingly "neutral-to-cool" and quite lively. It's nothing remotely like the Fournier, for which I do have the physical deck.

BarbarellaE

Thank you!

Thank you, everyone! I thought it looked cool, but just wanted to make sure. This surely is a nice place to come for Tarot advice. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to describe how it looks in person.

Curiously enough, the Chosson (or the Madenie) is next on my list of decks...too bad I have a leak in the bathroom ceiling, so the Tarot budget will only allow for one TdM! (Then again, I could just let the roof leak and get both!) Just judging from the number of posts, it looks as though the CBD is one of the most loved TdM around here. It really looks like a gorgeous deck, and I can't wait to start reading with it.

Barb

agviz

Hope you enjoy it! And hope you can get the leak fixed without much ado. I know the feeling.