New Edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo

eltarot78

I am very happy to share with you that a new edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo is now available. This new fifth edition consists of a thousand copies printed in Black Core German Paper 330gs, which allows a better shuffling and handling of the cards. The printing is off-set and the finishing is in UV mate. The box is a telescopic box in hard paper to protect the deck, which comes with a paper wrapping based on a woodcut print, recreating the old-fashioned ways.

The size of the cards is 11,2 X 6,1 centimeters (about 4.5 X 2.5 inches). It is similar to what was the deck of Bourlion (1760) , smaller format used in the tradition of Marseille and is more convenient for handling for any size hand size.

This new edition has been published by Iskander S.E., a small company based in Chile and was produced in China.

The publication of this edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo is part of a project which includes the publication of the Dodal (on which I am working on a new revision, according to certain new techniques learned and developped, and trying to give a more realistic look) in the same quality and with improved graphical details.

The editor has created a blog in which we are working to share as much material as it is posible and you can also buy this deck in the online store: https://thetarotofmarseilles.blogspot.com.

I hope you can enjoy this new edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo, in which I have been working for many years.

P.R.

Cesar

As editor of this new edition of the Tarot of Marseilles Robledo, I can say that we worked with much dedication to produce a high quality deck.
Every detail was worked jointly with Pablo and the team of Iskander S.E., a small family business. For this reason, we believe that this deck will satisfy the highest standards of quality.
I am very honored to work with my friend Pablo Robledo, whom I met personally during a trip to Buenos Aires last year. His mastery of the Tarot in so deep and subtle that it is a real learning session just talking to him.
My greetings to all from Beijing, my new home for now and a while longer.
César

Barleywine

These look magnificent! The price in US dollars seems reasonable, but the shipping is a bit stiff. What about buyers banding together to get a bulk shipment at a lower per-unit rate? There would still be the problem of domestic distribution, but it might make it more attractive from an econonomic standpoint. I know this has been done with some European decks.

eltarot78

These look magnificent! The price in US dollars seems reasonable, but the shipping is a bit stiff. What about buyers banding together to get a bulk shipment at a lower per-unit rate? There would still be the problem of domestic distribution, but it might make it more attractive from an econonomic standpoint. I know this has been done with some European decks.

Hello Barleywine

I think the mode of making groups to share the costs originated with my Dodal and my TDM when elaborated by hand, which it worked very well.

The shipping costs from Argentina have always been very expensive, at $54 per deck to USA, $65 to Europe and $75 to Asia and Oceania .

From Chile, $18 to anywhere in the world put this into an advantage.
On the page there is a proposal for those who buy more than one deck.
Anyway, if you get to organize more than 10 per group, on the page there is an email address such cases, and even a promotion with special price for those who buy more than 10

mrpants

Stunning, Pablo!

agviz

Having received this deck yesterday, I can say it is wonderful. I've already expressed how much I love the earlier limited-run version of this deck in another thread, so I won't go into gushing about Pablo's craftsmanship again.

Instead I will say how very impressed I am with the quality of this printing. The card stock is sublime; there's a waxy feel to the cards, yet they spread so very smoothly. The surface has a slight sheen but not glossy. The images are gorgeous with vivid colors and rich black lines. The stock seems very sturdy and I would expect it to hold up over time.

Pablo, thank you for your effort and dedication in making this lovely deck. I feel this is a must-have for any collector of Marseille type decks.

eltarot78

Having received this deck yesterday, I can say it is wonderful. I've already expressed how much I love the earlier limited-run version of this deck in another thread, so I won't go into gushing about Pablo's craftsmanship again.

Instead I will say how very impressed I am with the quality of this printing. The card stock is sublime; there's a waxy feel to the cards, yet they spread so very smoothly. The surface has a slight sheen but not glossy. The images are gorgeous with vivid colors and rich black lines. The stock seems very sturdy and I would expect it to hold up over time.

Pablo, thank you for your effort and dedication in making this lovely deck. I feel this is a must-have for any collector of Marseille type decks.

Hello Agvis

I am happy that the deck has arrived, I was very sure that would produce a good impression to you and I'm glad you liked it and I appreciate about your words, your perception is much appreciated for me because of your sensitivity.

I think this deck is a good addition for collectors of Tarot but especially for Tarot readers , since I conceived as a tool

P.R.

agviz

...I think this deck is a good addition for collectors of Tarot but especially for Tarot readers , since I conceived as a tool

Yes, due to the readability of the artwork. And the quality of the card stock should make it a very reliable tool. It would seem you did your research to find a good printer. A happy thing, because we've all seen beautiful decks we can't use because the card stock is too frail. This is a deck I'm not afraid to shuffle.