Diana's suit + number method?

Shalott

I believe I am beginning to see...I just did a reading for a friend and she got a 7 de Deniers...7s (at least in the breed of numerology I'm using) would call for movement, choice, decision(ready to move to the 8th Gate for rebirth or no?)...but relating Deniers to earth - well, earth wouldn't want to move at all if it doesn't have to and then with difficulty. So I'm seeing some conflict between these concepts.

I do agree that relating to majors adds depth, too! In this case, 7 as the Chariot, one characteristic being movement...victory through work, (where I see as victory as moving on to the 8th gate...)

It's slowly coming together in my poor little brain! :D

(You people rock, BTW...)

Diana

Shalott said:
I believe I am beginning to see...I just did a reading for a friend and she got a 7 de Deniers...7s (at least in the breed of numerology I'm using) would call for movement, choice, decision(ready to move to the 8th Gate for rebirth or no?)...

Don't forget that the Chariot does NOT HAVE ANY WHEELS! Seven is a spiritual number. And on the 7th Day of the Creation of the Earth, God rested. He was tired.

But Deniers are round. COOL! One could even imagine that they are wheels.

(When reading the Marseilles decks, it is not sufficient to just read numbers/elements/suits. One also needs to look at the picture on the card because it gives a lot of clues.)

Shalott

Diana said:

(When reading the Marseilles decks, it is not sufficient to just read numbers/elements/suits. One also needs to look at the picture on the card because it gives a lot of clues.)

Believe it or not, this has become the easy part, thanks to right here. I'm going on and on about the flowers to my poor friend who innocently asked for a reading! ;)

I'm seeing horses as equalling movement...I always made the assumption that the wheels were "offstage," but it not having wheels...oy, more THOUGHT is required! :) (At least the horses look a little more lively than the sphynxes...not directed at your avatar!)

Ooo - the horses are DRAGGING that chariot...making the way that much more difficult! (Especially since they don't have back legs. Sheesh, this card is really becoming disturbing..)

Diana

Shalott said:
Ooo - the horses are DRAGGING that chariot...making the way that much more difficult! (Especially since they don't have back legs. Sheesh, this card is really becoming disturbing..)

Are you sure this Chariot is designed to move?

If so, the guy who designed it is certainly not an engineer.

Is it a Chariot?

The plot thickens.

Bean Feasa

Hi Shalott,
Hope you don't mind me chipping in here - I know your question is mainly for Diana, and I'm writing this from a standpoint of being an absolute beginner at this stuff - but I found Gail Fairfield's Everyday Tarot (which seems to be a re-issue of Choice-Centred Tarot) very good on this number + suit aspect. She has a way of describing what you might call the character of each number that sticks in the mind, and clarifies a lot of things - or at least it did for me.
blessings

Shalott

Uh oh...I think I'm going to have to go make a THOROUGH reading of the Chariot thread before I go all :confused:

NOT an engineer tho, unless Dogbert comandeered one of Dilbert's designs and evilled it up...

Shalott

Bean Feasa said:
Hi Shalott,
Hope you don't mind me chipping in here - I know your question is mainly for Diana, and I'm writing this from a standpoint of being an absolute beginner at this stuff - but I found Gail Fairfield's Everyday Tarot (which seems to be a re-issue of Choice-Centred Tarot) very good on this number + suit aspect. She has a way of describing what you might call the character of each number that sticks in the mind, and clarifies a lot of things - or at least it did for me.
blessings

Well, I should've titled it "Primarily Diana," as it was her posts/ideas that spawned it, but of course I appreciate all help!

I have heard of this book before and put it on my wish list, but with this new info perhaps it should be my next perchase! Does she use some form of Marseille in the book?

Cool, I just ordered brand new from a seller for a mere $5.90. I read a reviewer say "she uses numerology exclusively." Well, that is what I need at the moment. :cool:

Shalott

Diana said:
Are you sure this Chariot is designed to move?

If so, the guy who designed it is certainly not an engineer.

Is it a Chariot?

The plot thickens.

Back to this idea: I checked my "last resort" source, "Instant Tarot Reader," for the Zerner/Farber deck. I do like this book for this reason: the keywords they have assigned to the majors and court cards tend to summarize many different ideas into one little word. (Which is also the reason it's my "last" resort.) The keyword they have for the Chariot is "Determination."

Fulgour

suit + number = ?

This brings to mind the "Quintessential Card" reading method.
If you drew three cards, being the 2 of Coins, 3 of Swords and
2 of Wands, added together their "number" would manifest as
VII Le Chariot. Readers using the quintessential card method
then reference their interpretation to that Major Arcana card,
and more or less leave the pips behind, but to what end..?

Major Tom

Diana said:
Is it a Chariot?

The plot thickens.

It's certainly a vehicle. ;)

What would you call a vehicle for travelling between dimensions?

*shrugs* I might call it a Chariot. :laugh: