"They're just ROCKS!!!" (long)

Sophie

Maybe they are "just" rocks.

And maybe we are "just" humans.

The point is that some power exists in all things - and most especially in all natural things. Both physics and metaphysics teach us that. And everytime you glance at your watch, you are seeing the power of quartz in action ;)

As for the religious arguments - in the Bible, it says God created the world. Are we to believe God created an inert and powerless world? When God created rocks, s/he created an object of power. To deny that is to deny God's power, which exists in all things. So perhaps the way to talk to your sister, HP, is to explain that you see God's power working through the rocks.

And firemaiden - I was a sceptic about rocks until someone gave me a hematite years ago, which did away with my headaches without the need for paracetamol, and works a little faster. I can't tell exactly you how it works -I think it's something to do with the iron content of hematite - but it works, and it also works on others who have no interest in rocks. It's also great for period pains and anything to do with blood.

That lapis sounds gorgeous, btw!

Red Emma

Only rocks?

Sinduction said:
Yeah, that's what I meant. :D

Thanks, Sinduction. I think I was suffering from a New Year's hangover. Brain fuzzy.

Blessings.